48. Again

Yoongi turns on the light above his bed while I'm in the middle of a coughing fit. I must've woken him up, which isn't much of a surprise since I can't stop for the life of me. I keep coughing and coughing while he gets out of bed to bring me a glass of water. He returns very quickly but I can't even take the glass from him because my chest hurts so much. I curl up on the floor to try and make it go away but it doesn't help. I keep coughing until I finally throw up right next to my thin mattress. My throat is sore as hell but I can take a moment to breathe properly. Yoongi hands me the water and while I drink he's busy looking at my vomit. I don't understand what's so interesting about it until I have a look for myself. It's red. Yoongi sits down on his bed with a concerned face.

"Jungkook, this is bad. Really bad. You should go to the hospital."

"What difference will it make? They can't fix a broken heart."

"No, but maybe they can ease your struggles and make you hold on for longer. This isn't the first time this has happened and since you haven't made any progress with Seokjin-hyung you're not getting any better either. It's only been three weeks and you're already starting to look really ill."

"Yeah well it's no surprise I haven't made any progress since I haven't talked to him. I haven't even seen him leave the house. He's probably doing his best to avoid me. Even if I were to run into him I wouldn't know what to say."

"You don't see him leaving the house because he basically doesn't aside from going to work. Right now he doesn't even want to do that."

My ears focus on that. Information about Seokjin is rare around here since he's forced all of them to not speak of him to me.

"He doesn't leave his apartment? Why not?"

"There's no reason in particular, more like a lot of different ones."

"Like?"

Yoongi looks at me for a while before sighing.

"He doesn't like walking around alone outside, especially not not during winter. It was around this time of year he got kidnapped by those gangsters and taken to his father. There's trauma from that and also just walking around at night is dangerous for someone like him."

"He hasn't been very scared of that before though? Is there not another reason?"

"He probably wasn't scared since he had you indirectly protecting him all the time. On his own it's a completely different experience. And yes there are other reasons, but I don't think it's fair of me to tell you."

"Oh, come on. He doesn't need to know you told me."

"I think he'll find out if I tell you though."

"Why?"

"Because you'll freak out."

Now that definitely catches my attention.

"Why would I freak out?"

Yoongi looks away and I get up to grab his shoulders.

"Hyung, why would I freak out? Tell me!"

"See, you're freaking out already," he mutters.

"Of course I am if you tell me cryptic stuff like that! I have to know!"

"Alright fine, just chill."

I sit back down on my sad little bed, eagerly waiting for what he's about to tell me.

"You've probably not even thought about the possibility of this, but he's just as sad as you are, if not more," Yoongi says. "He's depressed as shit and refuses to leave his apartment unless he's absolutely forced to. Do you get where I'm going with this?"