4. Pure heaven

"Let's get this party started for real!" Taehyung shouts and pops the champagne bottle open.

The others cheer happily, but I just want to cover my hears and crawl into a dark hole or something... But on the other hand, if I get drunk I might feel a bit better. I've never really drank that much before and what better time to try it than now?

Taehyung pours the champagne into seven tall glasses and I can already tell Jimin has prepared some kind of speech because everyone looks at him expectantly. He clears his throat and looks at me.

"I'd like to dedicate a toast to our lovely little Jungkook who's finally become an adult today. The results might have been a bit unexpected, but we'll love you the same no matter what! Cheers!"

We put out glasses together and it makes a beautiful clinking sound. I bring the glass to my lips and try to down it all in one go, but that was a bad idea. It burns my already sore throat and I lean forward trying my best to not spit anything out. No one noticed so I try again, a bit slower this time. It tastes alright, but I'm not after something tasty to drink. I want to get hammered so I'll forget the events from earlier today.

When the glass is empty I take the liberty to fill it up again. Someone puts their glass next to mine as if to ask me to fill theirs up too and when I glance over I see it's Seokjin. I don't think much of it and pour until he tells me to stop. He takes his glass and with a nod towards me he finishes the drink in one go and slams the glass back down.

"Again," he says and I have no choice but to give him more.

He does the same thing again while I take it a lot slower in order to drink it at all. When I'm done he's already using up the last from the bottle.

"Hyung, you should take it easy," I say, but it only comes out as a whisper because of my bad throat.

"You should worry about yourself instead," he replies. "I'm not the one looking like I was in a fight with a bear."

I notice his eyes on my arms and I remember the scratches from the rut. It makes me feel embarrassed again so I try covering it up with my hands.

"You look exhausted," Seokjin continues. "Sure you don't wanna go to sleep?"

With you yes- Oh God, what the hell am I thinking? Is the alpha thing changing my brain too?

"I'm tired, yes, but I'd feel bad if I just went to bed when you've spent so much time and effort to plan this for me. Also it's only like 6.30. A bit early to go to sleep."

"Suit yourself," he says with a shrug and leaves to find more booze.

⩶ΑβΩ⩶

During the coming hours we all drink together and play some games in the living room, but eventually they lose interest and leave one by one. In the end it's just me and Seokjin left. He's sitting in the couch while blindly watching the news, and it makes me think that he's too drunk to bother changing the channel. Despite what I said earlier I'm planning on going to sleep. On top of the exhaustion, being drunk has made my mind all foggy and I feel like I'm walking around in some kind of dream world.

I turn off the lights in the living room but before I leave I hear something disturbing from the TV. The reporter on the news is talking about another murder of an omega woman, and I decide I should just turn it off. Seokjin shouldn't be watching scary stuff like that.

I reach over the back of the couch to grab the remote lying right next to Seokjin and press the power button. The silence with the TV off makes Seokjin wake up for whatever reason. I didn't even know he was sleeping.