46. I don't need you

Seokjin simply looks at me, waiting for me to explain myself. Honestly what was I thinking? I was in such a hurry coming here I didn't even think about the traces of last night. I'd almost forgotten that happened in the first place. Being drunk and sad is scary. I felt so rejected too. Even my pride can get hurt sometimes and seeing another alpha's bite on Seokjin definitely resulted in that. Maybe a part of me just wanted to prove that I'm not weak and useless, that I could actually do my job as an alpha and thus acted on instinct. But the reason behind it doesn't really matter anymore. 

"Well?" Seokjin says. "Why do you smell like that? Where did you disappear to yesterday?"

Oh God. I've really done it now, haven't I? But I can't lie to him. I'm a bad liar and he said he trusts me with his whole heart. It'd be more hurtful if I try and hide it from him. He deserves to know.

"I, um... Just let me explain before you get angry."

His worry definitely increases at that.

"Does that mean I should be angry?"

"I said to let me explain."

"Then do it. Give me a good explanation as to why you smell like horny omega."

I realize that no matter what I say it won't come across as a good reason. Frankly I didn't have a good reason. It just sort of happened out of my control. I'm at a loss for words but Seokjin patiently waits with his arms crossed. There's no escaping it. I just have to try and say it as nicely as possible in hopes of him not freaking out.

"OK, so I went to a strip club," I say and right away he starts frowning. Thankfully he doesn't interrupt and I continue. "And I guess I had a bit more to drink than necessary. I really only went there for the drinks. I didn't care about the dancers or anyone else for that matter but then this girl approached me saying she thought I looked hot. And well... she was an omega and my body sort of reacted to her on it's own. I was terribly drunk and..."

"...And?" he asks. 

As the seconds go by the lump in my throat just grows bigger. What do I tell him? Openly admitting to it is much harder than I thought. He stares at me and from the way his scent slowly gets more distraught I can tell he's making his own conclusions. 

"Jungkook. Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I-in my defense we weren't technically together at the time. And... I didn't finish because it felt wrong."

My eyes are glued to the floor. I can't even look at him since I know the excuses are just bullshit anyway. The tension eats me alive and his hostile scent just makes it worse. I see his arm move and when I finally dare to look up I see him pointing at the door. There's no mistaking the pure feelings of rage and hurt on his beautiful face.

"Get out."

I blink at him but he remains persistent. There's no friendliness coming from him at all. Usually when he's angry I can at least detect a hint of affection but there's none of that right now.

"Hyung, I... I didn't mean for it to happen. On a normal day I would never do that. You know I wouldn't. I thought you hated me."

"Don't make me repeat myself. Get out."

"Let's at least try and talk about it. I wasn't in a good head space after what you did to me."

He scoffs at me.

"After what I did to you? You mean what I did for you. You didn't let me explain myself so why the fuck should I listen to you now?"

"But I did actually break up with you before I did it."