60. Omega and Alpha

We sneak back into the apartment as quietly as possible. It's dark and silent, meaning the others must've already forgotten about us and gone to bed. We were gone for a while and it's almost 3 AM now. I have Seokjin's hand in mine and he can barely hold back his giggles when I stumble over a pair of rouge shoes lying in the hallway. He stops me from falling with a pleased smile. 

"Thank you," I whisper.

"No problem. After all, the whole neighborhood would've woken up if you fell."

"Not true," I huff.

"Really? Cuz I remember you coming home from swimming practice one time and I'm pretty sure that was the loudest scream I've heard in my life."

I give him a doubtful look as we continue into the living room to not speak right outside everyone's bedrooms. 

"I don't remember anything like that," I say.

"Well, it must've been almost four years ago now. Back when you were still awkward as hell. You might've repressed the memory."

"Was it that embarrassing?"

He chuckles and opens the balcony door. We step outside once again and stand by the railing, looking at the city before us. I put my arm around him and he leans his head against my shoulder. 

"As far as I remember, you came home from the training along with Jimin and you were so hungry that you forgot to take off your shoes properly. You tripped on the shoelaces and fell face-first to the floor. I was in the bathroom taking a shower at the time and you screamed so loud I thought someone got murdered. I ran out wearing a towel and somehow that made you scream even more when you saw me."

"I'll admit that sounds very embarrassing."

"And after that you started crying."

"Seriously?!"

"Yup."

"Gee, no wonder I forgot about it then."

"But it's okay, cuz you still got your crush to like you anyway, right?"

"Yeah, I guess I did somehow."

We fall into silence and I'm left thinking about our relationship. We've known each other for so long already and yet I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I'd be with him every moment if I could. I place my hand on the cold metal railing and the golden ring on my finger catches my attention. The proof of our devotion to one another. We're both wearing our rings, but it's not like we've really talked about getting married. His proposal didn't go the way either of us expected it to. Still, it's clear we want to be together. Should I just ask him? He wouldn't be wearing his ring if he didn't want to marry me, right?

"Seokjin-hyung," I say to gain his attention. 

"Yes?"

Unexpectedly my heart starts beating a little heavier. It's nothing unusual though, I know it's just because I'm nervous. I bite my lip to calm my nerves and take his left hand in my own. He gives me a slightly confused look that quickly turns into shock when I get down on one knee. He stares at me with an open mouth while I struggle to get the words out. Looking at him like this makes me want to burst out crying. He's so beautiful.

"Hyung, we've known each other for a long time and there's no doubt in my mind that you're the only one I want to be with. I wish to grow old by your side and share lots of wonderful memories. I truly love you more than anything.  I'll ask you properly so we're both on the same page: Will you marry me?"

His face scrunches up before he can say anything and he covers his face as he starts crying. He sobs loudly and I'm left with the urge to join him. My face heats up as I try to fight it.

"An answer please?" I say in a careful voice and he lets out a wet laugh.

"Yes. Of course I'll marry you, Jungkook," he says while peeking through his fingers. 

I get up and pull him in for a tight hug. His joyful scent is what makes me lose control over my emotions and join him for a crying party. He wipes the tears from my cheeks and leaves a kiss on my lips. 

"I hope you're crying because you're happy," he jokes. 

There's a big lump in my throat and I can only nod in response. I'm so happy. I don't think I've been this happy in my entire life. Everything is finally going my way. I have the man of my dreams right here and we have hope of a good life together.

He kisses me with a smile on his lips and I don't even have time to respond when there's a sudden swooshing sound followed by a loud explosion. We both jump in surprise but the purple light on the sky makes it all make sense. A firework. We hug each other from the sudden scare before laughing as the sky keeps changing into different colors. 

"That was unexpected," he says over the loud sounds above our heads. 

"Definitely. I'm just wondering why there's fireworks all of a sudden."

My question doesn't remain unanswered for long because when I look at the ground I see the rest of the guys waving at us. Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung, all of them wearing proud looks on their faces. God knows why they decided to light fireworks right at this very moment. Maybe it was a spur of the moment or perhaps they knew Seokjin and I would be here. Maybe they even heard me propose to him just now. Whatever their reason, it makes for a great conclusion to this long journey. 

I grab Seokjin's face and kiss him with as much love as possible. There's no doubt that he can feel my heart in it. We kiss while the other's cheer us on, all while the fireworks complete the moment with sparkles and radiant lights. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It's the perfect ending.