55. Clingy

After spending the night at the hospital just so they could make sure I won't die in my sleep, I'm released the next morning. It's a normal Monday but everyone is here to take me back home. I feel a little bad for making them skip work and such but they just want to take care of me. Since I'm not getting a heart transplant, the doctors told me I have to be with someone at all times should this happen again. Also I'm sort of put on suicide watch. 

I've quickly begun to realize Seokjin might be taking the "someone should be with him at all times" thing a bit too literally. He's been clinging to me every chance he gets and I had to spend 10 whole minutes trying to convince him to at least let me use the bathroom in the hospital alone. I appreciate his concern but being with him is also not good for me since he makes my heart beat faster just from a quick glance. Doctors told me to take things as easy as I possibly can. 

We all generously thank the staff who's been helping me before walking out to the cars. I can walk on my own perfectly fine but Seokjin insisted on putting my arm over his shoulders to help me. I'm so bad at saying no to him too. He's stubborn and I'm incredibly weak when it comes to him. A dangerous combination for sure. 

I walk towards Yoongi's work car in hopes of sitting in the front since it has a lot of leg room, but Seokjin stops me with a pout. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, I was thinking of going with Yoongi-hyung."

He makes subconscious puppy eyes at me and I melt at the sight. So damn cute. 

"You're not coming with me?"

"I-I... sure."

He brightens up and we walk towards his dented car parked a bit further away. I get some strange looks from the others, but I try ignoring it. Seokjin even goes as far as to help me into the passenger seat and strapping me in before running over to the other side, probably to avoid taking his eyes off of me. He gets seated and immediately looks at me.

"Give me your hand," he says. 

I place my hand in his and he laces our fingers together. He makes my heart beat faster again. We sit like that for a while, just holding hands in the car. It's nice but slightly painful in my chest. I glance at his face and he's already looking back at me with soft eyes. 

"We shouldn't be doing this," I say to him.

"Why not?" he asks right away.

"You're making my heart beat faster and I should be resting."

"O-oh."

I chuckle as his ears get a little red.

"Why are you being all shy about it? Of course you'd have that kind of effect on me, Hyung."

"I dunno, it's just been so long. I know I shouldn't, but I like making your heart beat faster. And how else am I gonna make you heal? I have to prove that I love you. I want you to get better fast. After that I can really make your heart go crazy."

He looks at me with slightly suggestive eyes and this time I feel myself getting shy. Just the thought of doing things with him again makes me excited. Not too excited though. I tell myself to calm down before meeting his eye again. The time spent away from him somehow makes him appear even more beautiful than what I've been used to. Looking at him makes me get the butterflies again. Is it possible to fall for the same person twice? I think I am.

"And how would you make my heart go crazy?" I ask, despite knowing it's probably a bad idea.

He smirks and leans a bit closer. I automatically follow his lead. His eyes darken as he whispers in a slightly breathy voice.