44. The mistake

When my phone rings for the thirtieth time I give up and just turn it off completely. Preferably I'd throw it into the river underneath the bridge I'm walking on or smash it against the ground in frustration, but I don't have the money to get a new one. It's none other than Seokjin who keeps calling me over and over. My dumb ass actually broke up with him on a whim. Is he sad right now? Or does he just want me to pick up to yell at me? I hate that I can't even be sure. I don't even know if I want him to be sad or not. I want him to be upset that I left him, but I also never want him to be sad. I want him to be happy at all times. If that's not with me then so be it.

But still, I'm so very angry with him. I'm conflicted and don't know what to do. He cheated on me. I can't wrap my head around that fact. I've given him my everything and he stabs me in the back. Though, I can't say that I'm totally surprised by it. I never expected him to cheat of course, but I have sort of been waiting for the day he realizes he doesn't want to be with me anymore. Because honestly, why would he want to be with me?

Everyone, literally everyone, wants to be with Seokjin because of his good looks. Now when he's openly an omega that's just became even more obvious. I've seen the suggestive looks he gets and I've noticed the way people flirt with him as soon as I leave him unattended. He can choose to be with whoever he wants, so why me? Heck, even celebrities have tried sliding into his DMs before. That's just the kind of power he has.

I'm nothing compared to all that. I'm just a 20-year-old in college still trying to figure out life. I don't have any cool cars or fancy watches. In my spare time I like watching cartoons. I don't even have a job. What a fucking joke. I'm surprised we've made it this far. Maybe he just felt bad about wanting to break up with me so he made me do it instead. Guess he got what he wanted in that case.

I somehow end up in the middle of the city. The sun just set and people are string to gather around the bars and clubs. Typically I scoff at them for being so desperate, but right now I understand the urgency to get a drink. As an athlete I try not to drink very much, but today I just want to drown the sorrow.

⩶ΑβΩ⩶

I simply point at my empty glass and the bartender fills it up for me for the nth time. I don't even know how long I've been in here. I wanted to be able to get a drink somewhere, but my dumb self walked right into a strip club. In a sense I got what I wanted, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the girls dancing up on stage and the men cheering them on. I've never voluntarily entered a place like this before and I can't say I like it very much. At least the alcohol is cheap.

After downing yet another glass of whatever the bartender gave me I feel my vision blurring out. I've never been this drunk in my entire life. Some say alphas can't even get drunk like other people, but I beg to differ. I don't even remember why I came here in the first place.

A slender hand on my shoulder gains my attention and I see a pretty blond girl standing next to me. Thankfully she's not one of the dancers so I can comfortably look at her.

"Hey, you're pretty hot," she says and I have to look around to see if she could possibly be referring to someone else.

"You mean me?" I ask just to be sure.

She laughs and it's a challenge for my eyes to merge her two silhouettes back into one.

"I've seen you sitting here along for a while. Didn't bring your friends with you?"

"Ah, no I came alone. I just wanted a drink."

"A drink, huh? Are you sure that's it? Most don't come to places like this just to get drunk. They wanna see the show. Maybe even get in on the show if you get what I mean."