7. Picture from the past

Five hours after what happened with Seokjin I come out of my room feeling like a zombie. There had been so much for me to think about that I didn't sleep a wink after we went back.

What did they mysterious guy give to Seokjin? Why didn't he want to tell me what it was? Why did he smell like an omega if he insists that he isn't one? And the thing that's bugging me the most: Why did Seokjin smell so good?

Even with hours of thinking I haven't come up with any reasonable explanation to anything, and I've promised Seokjin to not ask anything or talk about it either. Perhaps it would be best to just let it go...

"You look dead," Namjoon says when I enter the kitchen with ruffled hair and clothes hanging loosely on my body.

"I couldn't sleep well," I reply with a yawn which Namjoon mirrors a few seconds later. It's contagious after all.

"You want toast?" he asks while standing ready by the toaster with a slice of bread in hand.

"Yes please."

While Namjoon kindly fixes breakfast for the both of us I sit down and rest my head against the cold wooden table. I'm exhausted so it doesn't come as a surprise when my eyes start to close by themselves.

I quickly snap out of it when I hear Seokjin's voice.

"What's up with him?" Seokjin asks, clearly referring to me.

"He said he didn't get much sleep. Don't know why though," Namjoon explains. 

I slowly prop myself up on my elbows in an attempt to shake off the sleepiness. Namjoon ruffles my hair and sets down a plate with a toasted sandwich on it. I'm about to dig in on the food in front of me, but when Seokjin passes me to get something to drink I just about get a heart attack.

Something's off. I grab Seokjin's wrist and look at him in shock, but I'm only met with a crooked eyebrow in return. I search his eyes to try and find an answer but it's like staring at a stone wall.

"What?" Seokjin finally asks when I've been awkwardly staring at him too long.

I stand up and pull him closer to smell his neck, but it's just like I thought. The scent is gone. The only thing left is the fruity smell of his shampoo. I let go of Seokjin so fast it's as if something burned me. I feel so empty for some reason.

Why is his scent suddenly gone? It was so clear only a couple hours ago. So calming yet dangerous and intriguing.

"Hyung... What did you do?" I ask, not meaning to sound so broken and offended but that's definitely how it ended up sounding.

Again I'm only met with cold eyes and a confused face.

"JK, I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't do anything."

He squints his eyes ever so slightly and I take it as my cue to stop talking. Namjoon is here after all and I promised to keep my mouth shut. 

"Never mind then," I mumble and pick up my toast from the plate. 

Namjoon looks a little confused as to what just happened, but Seokjin just shrugs it off and goes to prepare some breakfast for himself. He acts so normal. Why do I feel so sad? Namjoon sits down at the opposite side of the table from me.

"Do you have training today?" he asks while taking a bite of his toast. 

"Yes, and after that I have regular school and then training again."

"Oof, that's tough," he says. "I'd never be able to handle all that. It's enough with just schoolwork for me."

"Yeah well, I'm used to it I guess. It's not as hard as it used to be either," I say with a shrug.