26. Strange behaviors

The walk to the swimming hall is a very long and silent one. Seokjin keeps quiet and I do the same because I don't have anything important to say to him. However I can't help but to sneak glances at him every few seconds. He seems a bit on edge. He keeps looking over his shoulder and glares at certain strangers. I don't get why he's doing that. I want to ask, but I doubt he'd answer me either way.

Seokjin glares particularly hard at a big man talking on the phone and the man raises an eyebrow at the both of us. Seokjin ignores him and keeps walking while I apologize to the man with a light bow. I slow down my pace a bit and trail behind a little from Seokjin. If he's going to be rude to people on the streets then I'd rather not have them think I'm a part of it. Seriously, what is he doing?

I watch him for a good while as he continues with his shenanigans. Suddenly he tenses up and looks around in panic. He glances backwards and frowns when he sees me several meters behind. He stops walking in order for me to catch up and he's almost shaking with frustration when I reach his side again.

"What the hell were you doing all the way back there?" he hisses at me. "You can't just disappear like that!"

"Sorry, but you were acting kinda strange, so I gave you some space."

He shakes his head and grabs my arm to pull me with him at a faster pace. He's stressing so much, but there's still 15 minutes left until his shift should start. There's no reason to panic.

"What's with the hurry?" I ask as I try to keep even step with him.

"Nothing."

"Uh... OK I guess?"

We continue walking like that until we reach a traffic light. It's very crowded on the sidewalk since everyone is on their way to school and work, just like we are. More people join as we wait for the light to turn green and my heart almost jumps out of my chest when Seokjin straight up hugs my arm and moves as close to me as he possibly can. I look over to see what he's doing and he's almost hissing at the person standing next to him. There he goes glaring at strangers again.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" I ask him quietly. "You're acting really weird."

He doesn't answer me and just hugs my arm tighter while staring at the man next to him, who in turn hasn't even noticed Seokjin's hostile behavior. The light turns green and I start walking while Seokjin clings to me the entire time as we cross the road. He's making it hard for me to stand up straight because he keeps pulling me closer. Once we're on the other side I bring him away from the crowd and shake him off, but he stubbornly holds on to my wrist with both hands as he still glares at the man walking by.

"Jin-hyung, what is up with you?" I ask.

He doesn't listen or even look at me and just follows the man with his eyes until he's completely gone from sight, upon which he finds another target to glare at instead. I'm starting to lose my patience with this.

"Hyung," I say in my commanding voice to make him look at me.

He looks a bit surprised, but is still kind of frowning at me. At least I got his attention.

"Mind telling me why you're being so rude to random people on the street? Something must be bothering you. You don't usually behave like this."

"I'm not being rude," he huffs "I'm just looking out for myself since you're obviously not doing it."

"Am I missing something? Why would I be looking out for you? We're literally just walking to school like we've done a million times before?"

"Whatever, just don't stray too far away from me," he says and reluctantly lets go of my wrist.