10: Scheme

Chan twirled the pen in his hand, occasionally it managed to find its way between his teeth. He crossed out an idea that Seungmin had put forward. A rocket launcher? That boy is messing with me. He set aside the suggestions from his members and went back to planning out their next mission. They just had to meet with some dealers for electronic parts, a little while away from them.

As he made a list of what equipment would be needed, excluding the rocket launcher idea, his mind drifted back to Lex. He didn't appreciate her nonchalant, almost demeaning attitude towards his gang. This wasn't child's play and treating it as such was offensive. Yet Chan found that her attitude might come in handy some time, not to mention the gear Minho said she had acquired. There was something about her that made Chan think she would be useful. However, he knew some of his members were dissatisfied with her addition, especially Hyunjin.

Chan had been debating whether to add her on to their next mission. There were only 4 people who were going to be taken on the mission; Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin and himself. He initially thought it wasn't worth it, but he needed to test her somehow. He sent a message to Minho to come into his office. Both him and Jisung have been spending more time at their HQ, which made calling upon them a whole lot easier.

Minho was nodding off into a nap when his phone buzzed rather loudly. He was being called into Chan's office again. I swear, I'm being called into his office 3 times a week.

Minho peeled himself away from Jisung whom he was cuddling with. More often recently, he had been taking naps with him. He didn't see anything weird about sleeping in the same bed with another man platonically. Didn't girls do that all the time?

Jisung stirred and lifted up his head, opening a bleary eye at him. "Where are you going?"

"Chan's office." Minho stretched and rolled his neck. He was already getting comfortable in bed. Jisung let his head fall back onto the pillow.

"Man, you're always getting called into there these days," Jisung muttered, muffled by the pillow he was speaking into.

"You can say that again," Minho chuckled, "Definitely has something to do with Lex again, it's the hot topic."

"That's true, it's causing a bit of a rift between us."

Minho sighed. "Yeah, Hyunjin isn't speaking to me right now. Well, directly at least."

"It's kinda shitty between them right now, huh?"

"Yep." Minho popped the P for emphasis.

"As I said, they'll get over it." Jisung reiterated. "Eventually" He added with an afterthought.

"All I can say is hopefully."

"Mmhm, well hurry up and go now so you can get back here quicker, we have to fit a nap in" Jisung whined, rolling over. Minho smirked.

"Don't get too needy. I might start to think you like me or something." Minho waved at him before strutting out the door. He could see Jisung smiling as he left.

Minho jogged down the stairs and to the entrance to the bunker. It was closed so he opened up the two wooden panels. The entrance was designed to look like a cupboard to disguise it against intruders and unwelcome people. The only issue was, it didn't have anything in it. Minho might look into that eventually.

After he flicked the small hidden switch, he pushed the shelves, causing it and the back panel to slide backwards. Minho trudged down the stairs, tripping on the last one from his carelessness. He steadied himself on the wall in fear of snapping his neck next time.

Minho raised a fist to knock on his office door but Chan interrupted him with a "Come in!"

Minho turned the doorknob and entered the room. Chan wasn't looking at him as he took a seat in front of his desk. Although it was becoming a common occurrence, Minho still wrung his hands. Once he was finished writing, he looked up.