2: Familiar Face

Lex didn't move straight away, staying frozen with her body facing away from him, calculating her next move. The man stepped forward and poked the back of her head with the gun. When she knew he was close enough, she spun around and caught his arm, pressing into his wrist and jabbing his elbow joint.

The man involuntarily dropped the gun and she kicked it away. Grabbing the front of his shirt, Lex punched the side of his face causing him to stumble backwards. He caught his balance almost immediately and lunged back. A hard landed from below her chin before she was pulled down by the neck and kneed in the stomach, falling to the ground. Her chin throbbed and she gritted teeth. That's gonna bruise, she thought to herself.

The wind was knocked out of her but she managed to swipe out her legs beneath him. The man got caught and tumbled to the ground. She heard the gun sliding across the ground and realised she had kicked that too. Both scrambled after it, but the man got to it first. As he got to his feet and pointed the gun at her, she launched herself from the ground and tackled him. She didn't let go as they slammed into the exit door.

Lex fumbled around until she felt the doorknob and twisted it, causing them to fall to the ground again. The gun was dropped again as the man fell on his back and it went sliding. Hastily shoving herself off him, Lex lurched over to it, but was stopped by a strong grip on her leg. She twisted and kicked him in the face, causing him to let go and fall back. She finally managed to grab hold of the metal object. It was cold in her hand as she spun around and pointed it at him. The figure was still on the ground, sitting back and supporting himself with both arms behind him.

With the gun pointed at his head, her heart was beating furiously in her chest. Either from the tussle or the fact that she was now holding a weapon that could take away that man's life with a single click. Adrenaline coursed through her veins and she felt the urge to do something, but could only stand there frozen, taking short breaths to catch it. She quickly devised a plan to make a fast getaway while she had the power over the man. She planned to point the gun at him and back away until she was far enough to make a run for it, she would keep the gun. With the dim lighting, the man's face was mainly concealed with the shadows. He started to push himself up but Lex stepped closer and waved the gun in his face.

A click echoed to the right of her. She didn't need to turn to know the sound was the cock of a gun. She knew she was in trouble now. The sound was followed by several flashlights illuminating the alleyway. That was when she turned her head to the intruders, the gun still trained on the defeated figure on the ground. She was met with three guns and two flashlights pointed at her. She counted a total of seven people that cornered them in the alleyway, five facing her and the other two watching their backs.

"Drop the gun, girly" A voice from the darkness warned. Even with the light in her face, and the others in dimmed darkness, she could tell the voice came from the middle figure, claiming itself as the leader. She outweighed the pros and cons mentally. There really wasn't a pro to continue aiming the gun at the man on the ground, but letting up so easily would make her seem weak and vulnerable. Which wasn't wise, especially in the midst of what she assumed was all eight men.

Snapping her gaze back to the man she had her gun at, her eyes widened. The light shining on the man revealed a familiar face. Minho. Lee Minho. Her previous thoughts were thrown out as she lowered her gun slightly. He frowned for a moment before his eyes lit up in recognition.

"Lex?"

"Minho!" She held out her hand with a hopeful glance at him that he would accept the offer. Almost immediately, he seized her hand and allowed himself to be hoisted back to his feet by her. She pulled him into a hug with her free arm, the other loosely gripping the gun.