35: Silent Cry

Evening rolled by and everyone was tuckered out, hunger began rumbling within them. Dinner was cooked between the barbecue that was in a hidden compartment of the caravan that they had to pull out and their campfire. They had stocked up on packages of meat and couldn't wait to dig in. They had finally set up chairs around and even a table.

Lex and Minho agreed to be on vegetable duty. Others had offered but Minho insisted that they were fine. Lex however thought they could use any extra help. She was still in her swimming outfit that was starting to dry with a distinctive odour.

They talked about what happened while Minho was driving, which was a lot of loud yelling between him and Changbin. Thankfully Jisung was there to hold him back from acting on road rage, considering there was a van of people being towed. They hadn't talked as much recently, so it was nice to catch up.

"So... you and Jisung?" Lex said, slicing into some mushrooms. They were alone, so she took the opportunity to pry a bit more. Minho was breaking lettuce from their core for them to eat on the side.

"Yeah, it's been so great honestly. He's great."

"How'd it happen?"

"Okay okay. Remember after I came back from the hospital? I didn't know he stayed the whole time and when he told me, I just- I was so touched and I ended up just going for it so we kissed." Minho smiled dreamily as he recalled the memory, his cheeks tingling at the thought of it.

Lex's jaw dropped and she gasped. She hugged Minho from his side, forgetting the knife in her hand. "Oh my god, that's so sweet!"

"Lex!" Minho tilted the knife away from him and breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes, me too. It happened so suddenly but I think I knew I wanted it deep down. Even though we constantly denied it and pretended what we had wasn't there."

"Shit sorry." Lex placed the knife down. "You're right though. It was so painfully obvious to everyone, I'm sure it was way before we met again too."

"Yeah... I think so too." Minho smiled just thinking about it. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Were you mad at me?"

Lex scrunched up her face. "Well... I was a little sad you didn't want to tell me. I supposed cause we're best friends but, I assumed you would tell me when you were ready."

Minho wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "I'm still sorry. I wasn't really trying to hide it though."

"You told me in the end, so I'm not mad. I really am happy for you, Minho. You both belong together."

"Thanks, Lex." Minho had half a mind to ask her if she was interested in anyone, but decided against it in case she had a negative reaction. She was getting closer with all of the members, and he didn't want to assume it was anything other than platonic.

Soon, the two were carrying out the vegetables on trays for them to cook. It was almost like chaos, there was much going on. Felix and Chan were arguing over a sausage, apparently someone was touching Felix's too. Then Jeongin was trying to take Felix down for the sausage since there was only one that was cooked left. Minho cursed so loudly when they nearly bumped into him that Lex was surprised that the wildlife didn't scatter from it.

"Boys, please! There is going to be more." Chan tapped the tongs on the side of the grill impatiently. No wonder they couldn't be taken seriously sometimes when they acted like children. Still, Chan was glad he hadn't broken them from experiencing fun in their lives. They deserved a break.

There was a lot of food, so much meat. It was a feast and the fullest Lex had ever been. They even had dipping sauce for the lettuce wraps. Seungmin taught her how to eat them and she was amazed at how delicious it was. And they cooked it outside in bushland.