55: Causation and Conflict

"Is that supposed to be a snowman?"

Jeongin huffed, stomping his foot. "Yes, bitch."

Hyunjin's jaw dropped. Affronted by the sudden insult from the youngest, Hyunjin scooped up a handful of snow and hastily threw it at Jeongin. This ensued a snowball fight in the small park. Seungmin joined in, mischievously attacking both to provoke them. There was screeching and swearing until the people started to stare at them in agitation. They stopped to not disturb the locals.

"We should throw one at Chan," Seungmin whispered when the three of them got tired, sitting in a triangle while panting. They turned to stare at him. Their leader was sitting on the park bench, arms crossed with his head down, eyes closed. It was like an old man napping in public.

"I would not throw it at, Chan. I bet he can run real fast on snow." Jeongin shook his head, digging a hole in the snow. "Besides, he kinda looks dead right now."

Hyunjin waved him off. "I do not want to deal with his wrath either."

Seungmin mashed together a snowball and jokingly reared his arm back. Chan's eyes snapped open as if sensing it and his eyes darted to the snowball. Seungmin gasped and dropped it, diving behind Hyunjin, almost kicking over the snowman in the middle of them. Their snowman was flecked with dirt but they loved it nonetheless.

"Don't! I'm so fucking tired."

"Aren't you always?"

"Ha ha, hysterical." Chan yawned, wiping the tears that formed away. "Lex kept me up."

Seungmin spun around to the other, scandalised. They were definitely not interested in what they got up to.

"No, not like that!" He threw his hands out in defence. "She made me watch all the Kung Fu Panda movies with her."

"That's only two movies." Seungmin giggled, smacking the snowball onto Hyunjin's head.

"There's three..."

"What? Since when?"

"Seungmin, we watched the third together."

"Oh... oh yeah."

"You guys better shut up while on the van or papa bear is gonna be pissed."

~

It was time to say goodbye to Tokyo and finally do what they came here for. They were to venture to Kobe to make a deal with a notorious drug lord as Chan soon found out. He had the feeling, wasn't sure why the man hasn't just made it clear from the start. Maybe he liked playing games.

They were asleep for much of the ride there. Chan took the window seat with Lex sleeping on his shoulder. The land around them became barren and the city was nothing more than tall grey masses in a distance. They were away from the city within hours.

They were startled awake when the driver woke them up by banging on the side of the van. Yawning and stretching, they stepped outside one by one, met by the coldness once more. Felix had been right about the lack of snow. The air also felt dry in comparison to the crisp air of Tokyo. Interesting.

The building in question was a plain white structure with barely any detail, the windows hardly adding to it. If it weren't for the men surrounding the building while smoking, they wouldn't look twice.

A man in a suit approached them, a swagger in his step. His black hair was slicked back into a variation of a pompadour. Even with his arms covered, it was obvious that he was heavily tattooed judging by how inked his hands were alone. The broad grin on his face seemed to be hiding secrets.