82: Call My Name

Sana locked the door behind her and spun around. Lex used her foot to push the toilet lid down before sitting on it. Sana had suggested she alter her appearance before crossing borders, deducing that Chan and her friends had to as well. That way, she couldn't really be pinned to her features. Lex hadn't made a final decision just yet, but it was wise to be cautious. After Lex had agreed to make some physical changes, Sana offered to give her a haircut. Here they were, crammed into the same stall in the shared bathroom of their unit. 

Sana dropped the bag she was holding into Lex's lap. It contained a battery-operated trimmer, various clippers, regular scissors, thinning shears and a black cape to wrap around her shoulders. Her undercut had grown out for a month now and covered half of her ears, she could even tuck it behind them. It had been the least of her worries. Sana tied up her own hair before rifling through the bag on Lex's lap, pulling out the trimmer and a short clipper. 

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Lex eyed the other woman sceptically as she clicked all the correct parts into place. 

"Of course." Sana flicked the trimmer on, the buzzing echoing in the stall. She tilted Lex's head and held it in place as she shaved off the first section of hair, following the pattern it already had. It was starting to scratch the back of her neck too. 

Lex blinked furiously as the trimmer tickled her scalp. "This is strangely intimate."

"If you keep commenting on it, it will be. So shut up."

Lex scoffed but kept quiet, staring at the same spot on the ground while she spaced out. The buzzing sound triggered a memory for her. The first time she had her hair shaved was at HQ, amongst all her friends. Chan had done it for her while her members cheered her on. They had accepted her as one of them.

That was also the first time she felt sentimental towards Chan, even though she hadn't known it at the time. When she had met his eyes, there was a flicker of something more. Yet it took them a long time before they came to terms with it. And it still had been the best time of her life. 

The thought of seeing them again made her heart yearn. She had shared memories with each of them, it was something she couldn't ever forget. But where were they? How could she navigate through a foreign country on her own? She had Chan and her friends when they had travelled to Japan. 

"How are you sure that address is legit?" Lex inquired as Sana tilted her head the other way by redirecting her chin. The fact that it was a mysterious person that reached out to her didn't exactly give her peace of mind. If it was one of the boys, why wouldn't they name themselves? They couldn't blame her for being suspicious.

Sana sighed and stilled her hands. "It is their address, we know where they are. We just don't know who reached out to us and whether you would've cared where they were."

Lex thought for a moment, realising that may have been plausible. "You can't trace the number back?"

"No, it's not in service anymore."

"So how can I-"

"It doesn't matter who it was. They miss you, don't you miss them?" Sana said a little forcefully. She took in a deep breath when she realised her tone, unintentionally coming across as aggressive.

"How do I know you're-" Lex stopped herself short, noticing the way Sana's face dropped as she questioned her integrity. She could trust Sana. After everything she had done, how could Lex even think she was conspiring against her? "No, don't worry about it."

"There is no way you'd think I'm setting you up? I would've done it a long time ago if I wanted to." Sana turned off the trimmer and gave her a serious stare. It was understandable Lex would have her doubts, but Sana was insulted she would even suspect. They spent too much time together for her to turn on her now.