45: Prime Time

"Alright, come out."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes! Hurry up."

Lex groaned and opened the door with exaggerated vigour. Minho stood in front with his arms crossed, tapping his foot impatiently. The dress she was wearing was strapless and revealed her shoulders.

"Don't take it the wrong way, but these may also cause suspicion." Minho motioned towards the scars on her shoulders that she had accumulated over time. Some of her skin was discoloured from large grazes healing and the bullet scar. There were other cuts scattered here and there.

"Figured." Lex shrugged, not at all ashamed of them. If anything, they made her feel like a warrior. "I didn't like it much anyway."

"Well, there are a few others, try them on. Maybe skip the ones that show too much, just for this event particularly," Minho suggested, making it clear he didn't have a problem with how she dressed. They just had to make do with what they had.

The heist they planned to pull off required meticulous planning and effort to cover tracks. Lex simply couldn't walk into a store and buy a dress if she was making a physical appearance at the party unless she wanted to arouse suspicion. The dress could be traced back if she was recognised. Minho had visited a less prestigious store and splurged on a bunch of dressed roughly her size.

She sighed loudly and dramatically. "Why are there so many expectations for women?"

"Blame society, babe."

"Hmph! Can you just come in?" She pleaded. "You can just turn around and it's not like you haven't seen me in a bra."

"That was an emergency."

"Okay, well then turn around. I hate opening the door every time and I'm breaking my back trying to zip some of these up."

"Alright alright, so whiny." Minho palmed her forehead and pushed her back into the room.

She stumbled backwards and swatted his arm. "Fight me, Lee."

Dress after dress was thrown into a rejected pile as they didn't fit her style or requirements. Lex felt her agitation rising with each void dress. Minho spiced it up by critiquing them like a judge on a fashion tv show. What was a frustrating situation turned fun as Minho made unexpected comments and weird noises in reaction to her dresses.

Chan was out on a mission so she entrusted Minho with this task. Although, she might've preferred her best friend for this anyway. Lex had tagged along on a mission for scouting recently so it was her turn to swap out.

Amongst the final dresses was a beige coloured gown with short sleeves. It covered her chest area completely and halfway down her bicep. The bottom was ruffled but not too frumpy, just enough to add a bounce in her step. This was one of a few that constrict her, and a twirl in the mirror had her admiring it.

"Not going to lie, you do look good in it."

"Hmm." Lex tilted her head, then winked into the mirror. "I think so too."

"Is that the one? It suits you. I reckon the wig would too."

"Ah, yeah that. You know I think this is it. I want this one."

"Excellent."

~

"I don't know what I want!" Felix slammed the menu shut and rested his elbows on the table. The issue wasn't that he didn't like what was on the menu, he just wanted everything.

"Why are you whining? We were going to order tons anyway," Jisung frowned, glancing up from his menu.

Lex had her nose in the menu, not even sure why she did as she didn't understand the menu. This wasn't like the Japanese restaurant she had gone to with Minho, Jisung and Seungmin. They were individual dishes while these were for sharing with the table. How could she decide what she wanted to eat when he didn't know how they tasted? She trusted everyone else's judgements and would try anything they put in front of her.