54: Landing Strip

CW: fluffy smut lol 

~

"Lex, how do I look?" Chan stood in front of her, arms splayed. He was wearing skinny jeans that hugged his thighs with a beige cardigan that she didn't particularly like the looks of. One thing about Chan, he could never look ugly in anything, but the cardigan itself was hella ugly in her opinion.

Still, she didn't want to hurt his feelings. Scanning him from head to toe, she chose her words carefully. "It's... good."

"Good? Just good?" He pouted, staring down at his outfit. "Well, Minho chose it for me."

She put down her phone then slapped her hands to her cheeks, gushing, "Oh! Well, in that case, it's great. It's wonderful, Christopher."

"Now, you're just teasing me." He grumbled, spinning around with a huff. Feeling guilty, she hopped off the bed and followed him into the bathroom. She loved teasing him, but what she wasn't going to do is damage his self-esteem. It still baffled her how different he was from the persona put on. How cold and demeaning he could be when he was still insecure and challenged deep down. It showed her that one could never really know what other's go through.

"I'd still fuck you." She grinned, poking her head into the doorway, hoping her bold attempt to turn it around succeeded.

"Really?" His face lit up, pausing from taking his cardigan off. When she nodded, he excitedly pulled it back down. She wasn't sure that was quite the compliment he'd want but his acceptance of it made her want to snort.

Lex entered the bathroom and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head on his shoulder since they were almost the same height. She planted a kiss on his neck. The colour of his cardigan went well with his blonde hair at least. And the thighs- the thighs.

"Fineeeee." Chan hugged her back and rocked her side to side gently. "We can't all look hot as you, you know."

"Dude, I'm wearing jeans and a leather jacket. I'm as basic butch as they get." She thought she was hot, telling herself that at least once a day. But she didn't like when Chan spoke negatively about himself. He put others before himself and had a habit of keeping his problems to himself, but not with Lex.

"And? Basic doesn't mean unattractive," Chan countered, brushing hair out of her face. "And also, you're not like-"

"-If you say other girls, I will puke. There's nothing wrong with being like 'other' girls," She interrupted, suddenly frowning hard. Since her introduction to social media, she was thrown into the mess of the internet, something she had been kept from during her adolescence. She wasn't sure whether she was happier or not without it. But there was no escaping the constantly changing social values from here.

He kissed her on the nose. "I was going to say plain, but I admire your morals."

"Whoops." She pursed her lips. "Well, you're still handsome, no arguments."

"Okay, I trust your judgement." Chan pecked her lips. Mostly because he didn't want to argue about it but also because he wanted to believe her. But he knew confidence had to come from within himself.

"As you should." Then she tugged him towards the front door. "Let's go, grandpa."

~

"Hey! That was my piece of beef!" Changbin shouted, pointing his chopsticks at Minho who grinned mischievously at him as he shoved the thin strip of beef into his mouth.

"Don't let go of it then." The older man shrugged, pointing his chopsticks right back. "All is fair."

They were gathered around two different steaming hot pots, dunking various meats and vegetables into the broth to cook it followed by dipping sauces. It was similar to what they'd have during winter at HQ. So they were happy to have it again before it was winter in Australia. It was perhaps the only time everyone had managed to go out together at the same time.