36: Side Effects

The fear settled in again as Lex became limp in Chan's arms. He shook her lightly but she remained unconscious. With a gasp caught in his throat, he slid an arm under her legs and lifted her up. Chan carried her inside, yelling for someone to lay down towels on the lounge before he put her down. Her clothes were drenched with water and she was still out cold. There was an open wound on her head and her skin had paled.

Minho had followed them back inside along with Jeongin and Felix. They rushed to grab their towels and threw them over the lounge before Chan gently lowered her into it. His own clothes were also wet, but he didn't care. She was his priority right now.

"Are we going to leave her in the wet clothes?" Felix asked awkwardly. He didn't want to suggest something that would imply anything weird, but he didn't think he should be left in the clothes soaked with lake water.

"Well, she has to change out..."

"I'll do it. Chan, you go deal with them." Minho commanded, then raised his voice. "Everyone get out!"

The leader trusted Minho to take care of her and knew she would too. He nodded before spinning around to confront the attackers. Chan stomped out of the caravan, rounding up on where the attackers were detained, Jeongin and Felix in tow. He was beyond livid his hands shook in rage. He was itching to do something, anything to inflict pain on them. The way they left Lex was horrific, and all he could think of was vengeance.

His members were surrounding the two attackers, their masks had been ripped off. They were unfamiliar, but he didn't doubt for a second that they knew who he was. Chan grabbed one of the attackers by the back of his neck and dragged them across the dirt, they didn't fight back when realising they were heavily outnumbered.

"Open up the trunk," Chan ordered. Jeongin hurried to open it before Chan threw them into the trunk, shortly followed by Changbin gripping the second one. They yelped as they were tossed like they were nothing.

"Who do you work for?" Chan demanded, his eyes flashing dangerously. He didn't believe this was an unprovoked attack. No, this was a consequence of something. Whether it was because of something that Chan did or Lex did, he wasn't sure.

"No one! We don't work for anyone..."

Chan backhanded him so hard he saw stars and collapsed against the metal ground. They weren't so brave against Chan and 6 other members flanking him. They tried to back up against their suitcases but Chan launched himself at them.

"Bullshit! Who do you work for?" Chan repeated through gritted teeth, grabbing the front of his shirt and slamming him into the side of the trunk. He was ruthless, he did not care what happened to them. He wanted answers.

"We don't- we can't..."

"I'm not fucking around!" Chan seethed venomously, his voice rising to a shout. He decided to take action himself. Chan shoved the attacker to the side and grabbed a briefcase from behind him. Right before their eyes, Chan flipped it open and pulled out a machete. Not what he was looking for, but he was gonna make it worth it.

"Now... how much do you need these fingers?" Chan snatched his hand and pressed the blade to the base of his thumb, glaring into his eyes.

This wasn't a new side to Chan, but it was a rare sight they were all familiar with. It shook them to the core to watch him but were going to back him up no matter what. Though it didn't stop Jisung from placing his hand on Chan's shoulder. It wasn't a warning, but a reminder of his emotions.

"Wait, wait!" The attacker begged, holding his wrist with his other hand. "We can tell you that we weren't sent by anyone, it was our own accord."

"I don't believe you."