4: Mishap

TW: *mentions of alcohol*

~

It was two days after the incident, and Minho hadn't messaged or called Lex. They were both too shy and found themselves staring at the new contact on the phone. Lex had held her phone above her while laying on her back, contemplating what to say to him. She stopped after she dropped her phone on her face, and gave it up with a colourful string of swears. It didn't help that it landed on her chin that was bruised where she had been uppercut, so she gathered a bagful of ice and pressed it against it after. Minho spent time typing a message and staring at it until he thought it was stupid and deleted it.

Though Minho had this internal dilemma about her, he was glad that Jisung was acting normally now. He was back to being his normal, bubbly self and playful with Minho. The incident was shaken off and he didn't think it was significant enough to ponder over. Though something did change. Minho wondered, did Jisung always look that handsome when he smiled?

"What'd you guys think of Lex?" Minho asked the next day while half of the gang was gathered around a table for breakfast. They all had their individual places, some sharing, but they also had a place in the countryside that could accommodate all of them. While they usually stayed there, it wasn't wise to constantly live there. If danger came about them, it would get them all at once.

The members, Seungmin, Jeongin, Hyunjin all glanced at each other as they continued chewing on their food. Minho slid into the seat beside Hyunjin and grabbed a slice of bread from the plate in the middle and buttered an edge before crunching into it. He let out a little hum at the taste of fresh and fragrant bread, pretending not to notice the rest to let them think.

"Well, I can't say I'm particularly fond of her, but if she managed to overpower you I'd say I'm kinda impressed by that," Seungmin spoke first, focused on stabbing his fork into a piece of potato. "But I suppose if I were around her more, I wouldn't mind her."

"I don't mind her, she seems good enough," Jeongin answered, meeting his eyes. Minho smiled. He knew he could count on the young one to be more lenient. Hyunjin was glaring at his head, enough for Minho to turn his gaze on him.

"Yes?"

"I don't like her, she gives me bad vibes." Hyunjin scowled. Minho expected as much, he didn't imagine they'd all be too particularly keen on her.

"I figured, well I was just curious."

"Also Chan wants to speak to you. He would've texted you but I was just with him." Felix informed, stopping himself in the doorway. Felix imagined it was probably about Lex and could sense Minho thought the same.

"Thanks, Felix." Minho nodded appreciatively and left the kitchen, turning left at the hall.

"Also he's in his room, not the office," Felix added as an afterthought.

Minho abruptly turned back and headed the right way. "Thanks, Felix."

Minho climbed the stairs and made his way to Chan's room. He knocked first, entering when he heard a "Come in!"

"You wanted to speak to me?" Minho closed the door behind him. Chan, who was sitting at his small desk, stood up when Minho came in.

"Yes, about Lex?"

"What about her?"

"Be careful around her, that's all. I know she's your friend but stay aware, alright?"

"Why do you think she's so much of a threat?" Minho questioned. Naturally, he'd get why people would be wary of her, but the majority of the group already didn't seem like they liked her.