81: Thanks For The Memories

"Soooo, did you have fun?" Chan asked as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"Fun? Fun is an understatement. I've never had a better day," Lex gushed, leaning against the railing, a sun-kissed smile on her face. Hedgehogs, food, Chan. They were all her favourite things now. Exploring Tokyo city was something she'd remember for a lifetime.

"Well, I'm glad you did. You looked beautiful tonight, by the way." Chan tucked a strand of Lex's hair behind her ear. She had left her hair out to keep her cheeks warm, and he thought it was a pretty sight, especially when it flew into her face as they ran down the street, laughing and stumbling.

"Yeah, I know." Lex blew him a kiss then winked. "Not as handsome as you though, babe."

"Pshh, yeah right."

"Wanna fight me on this?"

"Let's go."

Lex pushed herself off the railing and threw her arms around Chan's neck before pulling him into an unexpected but not unwelcomed kiss. He smiled against her lips and rested his hands on her hips. After a wonderful night, nothing else would top it off apart from being in her arms. As Lex cheekily bit down on his bottom lip, she dropped a hand to reach towards Chan's backside where she grabbed a handful of his cheeks. Chan gasped before bursting into laughter. On cue, the elevator doors pinged and opened.

The look on Seungmin's face was priceless.

The two cracked up even louder as they brushed past him, patting him on the back. Chan linked his fingers with hers as they danced down the hallway, singing quietly to not disturb their neighbours. Well, Chan was singing, Lex was hissing. When she met his eyes, a surge of euphoria rushed through her and she wondered how she was so lucky.

They reached their door. Lex remembered how it went after. They could be wrapped up in each other's arms, lips locked in a fiery embrace. In that moment she became lucid and knew their happiness was only temporary. Back in the real world, she couldn't reach him, they were already so far apart. And by the gods did she miss him.

"Chan, wait." Lex grabbed onto his wrist, a sense of urgency lacing through her voice. Once she became lucid, it didn't last for long. Her mind would force her to wake up. "Listen to me, I'm sorry I left- I miss you so much."

Suddenly the environment shifted. They were no longer outside their hotel room but in Chan's office at HQ. The room was dim around them and Chan's face morphed into one of betrayal.

"You left? How could you do that to me?" Chan stepped back, his face scrunching up in anguish.

"I'm really sorry, I just couldn't handle it."

"There you go being selfish again. How about how we feel? Did you think about that?" Chan's voice rose with each sentence, his face mirroring the anger he felt during their last argument, right before she had their faction.

Lex moved closer to him, reaching out desperately. "I- Well, it's just-"

"Save it. After everything we've done for you..." Chan pushed her hands away and stepped backwards. "I'm glad you're gone..."

~

Lex's eyes slowly peeled open and were welcomed by a sliver of sunlight shining in her eyes. She groaned and rolled over, a single tear rolling onto her pillow. The dream played out different than she remembered, but the memory lasted in her mind. Nightmares seemed to plague her sleep now too. Now she wished she just enjoyed the memory while it let her. Being brought back to the real world was a reality check she didn't need.