15: Picking up the Pace

Jisung was upstairs in their music room when he noticed Minho's car was parked at the front of HQ. He hopped off the beanbag excitedly after he peeked out the window. Jisung gave it a few minutes so he didn't look like an attached puppy whose owner just got home. Control yourself, man. Don't come on too strong to him. He was pulled out of his thoughts by a message from Changbin.

Changbin: Are there eggs at HQ?

Jisung rolled his eyes. If this is for another one of his eggy experiments... Occasionally, Changbin would experiment in the kitchen and Felix would be his accomplice. Those two were definitely partners in crime. Like he and Minho were. But not exactly like him and Minho. It was different somehow...

Han: I'll check

A quick trek to the kitchen had him discovering there were at least 2 dozen. With a text back, Jisung decided it was time to bother Minho. After stealing a croissant (it was probably Seungmin's), he went to their shared room which Minho was likely to be in.

Why are you nervous? He's your best friend. Jisung breathed out carefully, knowing he would psych himself out if he rushed himself. The last he heard was Minho was going to Lex's place to apologise for the other day. Jisung knew Minho was feeling guilty over it, as he spent a lot of time pacing around their room. The door to their room was left ajar, so he pushed it open, and sure enough, Minho was in there.

"How did it go?" Jisung questioned casually, leaning against the doorframe to their joined room, tearing into a croissant. Minho, who had been lying face down on his bed, sat up when hearing him.

"Good probably, I don't know," Minho responded impassively, replaying their interaction over and over again

"What's wrong?" Jisung pushed off the doorframe and sat beside him on the bed.

"I think we have some unresolved tension. I don't think she's completely forgiven me for leaving her at the orphanage." Minho thought he was being too naive by thinking Lex had just forgiven him like that. Sadly, he was proven wrong, and he wasn't sure what to do.

"That's fair. But... she can't blame you for trying to seek a better life." Jisung countered. In his opinion, while he liked Lex, he thought that Minho was right to take the opportunity, knowing he would've been thrown out at 18 anyway. Chan recruited Minho when the gang was just Jisung, Changbin, and Woojin. Woojin, the sensitive topic of the gang that no one liked to acknowledge or think about. It was an unspoken trend that each member absolutely resented him.

If it weren't for Minho, Felix and Hyunjin wouldn't have been recruited. What started off as a small group of rebels became a functioning gang of con artists.

"I know... but that doesn't make me feel any less guilty." Minho slumped back down on the bed with a huff. Sacrifices had to be made, but he felt guilty for them. Did he care as much about her as he claimed? Of course, he did!

Jisung nodded. "Anything I can do to help?"

Minho eyed his croissant, then glanced at his face. "Can I have some of that?"

"Okay, but only if you eat it like this." Jisung offered a bite of croissant from his mouth. Minho gaped at him, contemplating whether or not he was being serious. Jisung then tipped his head back and chewed the piece of croissant.

"I'm kidding," Jisung said with his mouth partially full. He handed Minho a piece. "Here."

"Thanks..." Minho shoved the pastry into his mouth. Recently, he and Jisung were getting closer. They had always been close but something shifted between them. Between cuddling and mindless flirting... they weren't as they were before. But there was no way Minho was going to be the one to bring it up, no sir.