75: Bloody Water

Lex caught him and dropped to the ground, out of sight of the window. Her face paled and blood ran cold at the gasping man in her arms. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening, not right now, not before her eyes. The shred of hope was ripped away from her once more.

Jeongin was breathing in short breaths, eyes frantic and scared. She glanced at the bullet wound in his back, which was drenching his jacket. This was nothing like their other injuries. Even Felix's bullet had gone right through him. And Jeongin... It was still inside him. She had to act fast or he would bleed out.

"Shit shit shit." Lex applied pressure onto the wound to staunch the bleeding, very aware of the warm sticky substance soaking her hand. "We'll be okay, Innie. Stay with me, okay?"

Jeongin didn't respond but he shut his eyes and gave her a slight nod. Lex cradled him in her arms with one hand on his back and the other brushing hair away from his sweaty forehead. Shouting and yelling could be heard from below them. Whether they were friends or foes, she didn't know. This is my fault. My fault. My fault. I fucked things up. Negative thoughts invaded her mind as she contemplated her next move. Her arms shook as she held him.

She didn't know what to do. She couldn't bring him down in such a state, and she didn't know who was underneath. They came to rescue her, Jeongin came to her only to take a bullet because of her. Lex rustled carefully through his jacket. There was a range of tools and handheld weapons stashed in the pockets. She ended up finding a walkie talkie, which she rushed to flick on.

"Hello? Anyone there? Chan?"

"Lex? Is that you? Why are you using the walkie talkie?" A familiar voice sounded from the other end and she couldn't be more relieved.

"Felix! It doesn't matter, please come to the tower. Jeongin's been shot and I need you to help me, please," Lex called out desperately as tears welled into her eyes. Blood stained her other hand and the red taunted her as it brought her little brother further away from her.

"Still in the tower right?"

"Yes! I can't leave..."

"I'll get someone over now."

The walkie talkie went silent and she dropped it. She couldn't lose him. Surely he would survive right? The other members had survived their wounds, they were stronger than that. Jeongin just needed medical attention as soon as possible.

"Innie? Still here with me?" Lex asked quietly, touching his cheek gently. She recoiled when it left smudges of blood, making her painfully aware of how much blood he was losing. Seungmin was her only hope. She wasn't strong enough to carry him on her own right now and it would be hard to escape on her own.

There was no response but his chest was still rising and falling slowly. He was still alive, but not for long. Maybe had a chance if they got him out immediately and to a hospital. Yes, that's where they'd go. He couldn't die after coming all this way to rescue her. Now all she wanted was to be reunited with her friends and for Jeongin to get help.

Lex held Jeongin as she used her other hand to lift the trapdoor. At first, she couldn't see anyone, so she closed it while she waited for anyone. Chan... She needed Chan. She couldn't stand watching Jeongin bleed out on her when she wasn't in a good condition herself. But Jeongin...

Lex opened the trapdoor again for a peek. Anyone could show up right then and finish the two of them off. They had planned to fire at her, that's why she had been strategically set up in the tower. She just wasn't sure whether the bullet was for him for herm Seungmin rushed up to it, panting. He seemed relieved when he found Lex peeping.

"Seungmin!" Lex whisper-shouted, "Come up here and help me! Jeongin got shot!"

Seungmin climbed his way up the ladder and pushed open the trapdoor all the way. His eyes widened and his breath stopped when they landed on Jeongin who was now unconscious. The fact that he was still breathing as a sliver of hope. But they didn't have a lot of time.