16: Friend or Foe?

The incident was not brought up again by either Lex or Chan. To everyone else, it seemed like they were being civil, but they failed to notice the tension that was increasing between them. Although Chan had granted her permission to come to HQ more often, not everyone was welcoming, which made the atmosphere more uneasy. She questioned whether it was worth the 40 minute drive to HQ then back home. For some reason, she kept wanting to go back. Was this something she truly wanted?

Lex knew she was being treated with passive aggression if not straight-up aggression from Hyunjin. Hyunjin had hoped that Chan would realise that she was worthless after the mission, however, his wish didn't come true. Changbin had just made it a point to not directly approach her.

Minho was trying to make it up to her by introducing her to the ones that wanted to meet her. Han and Jeongin had already met her and thankfully did like her. Though she could still sense hostility when she was at HQ, Lex's discomfort was improved by her introduction to Felix from Minho. He had wanted to welcome her when Jeongin and Jisung had but was busy that night.

"This is my little brother." Minho teased, throwing his arms around Felix from beside him. The blonde boy groaned as he was constricted between arms.

"Yeah, hi I'm Felix." He said shyly, waving as best as he could from his restricted movement. Lex, however, did remember his name upon seeing his face again. He was one of the people she could vaguely remember.

"I'm Lex." She playfully shook his basically limp hand. Felix beamed at her and she couldn't help but notice the freckles across his nose bridge and cheeks. He sort of reminded her of a pixie. A cute one.

"I know, your name is being thrown around lately."

That wasn't comforting to hear. She sighed. "Yeah, I'm aware."

"Don't worry though, not all of it was bad things." Felix flashed her a mischievous grin. Lex snorted at Felix's choice of words in reassuring her, she liked him. She appreciated his friendly approach to her.

"Thanks? I think?"

"But it's okay! We'll get along just fine."

Lex chuckled then nodded. Well, this is a nice change. Maybe it won't be so bad after all?

"But I do have a bone to pick..."

Uh oh. "What is it?"

"Sometimes they call me Lix, and since they call you Lex... well one of us is going to have to change." Felix gave her a stern glare. Was he serious? Lex frowned for a moment, before grinning, which in turn made him crack a smile.

"Yeah? Wanna fight it out?" Lex suggested playfully, letting out a laugh.

"You don't want to, trust me," Minho murmured with mock panic, "This is for your own good."

"You don't think I'm strong enough?" Felix huffed as he turned to face him, craning his head back like a turtle so he wasn't so close to Minho's face.

"Well, I did beat you in an arm wrestle." Minho countered, smirking.

"That was once! And I got a cramp."

"Sure you did, that's always the excuse."

"Fine, we'll leave that for another time." Felix then raised a finger dramatically. "But I won't forget this, Lex."

"I'll hold you to that."

"Hmph!"

Minho turned his gaze to her, ready to change the subject. "Wanna see our rooms?"

"Sure?"

"I can show you my room," Minho offered, letting go of Felix. "It's the second one to the left. I'll meet you there?"