5: Reunion

The next evening, Lex found herself back on her motorbike and riding to the Hayfair Market. The events of last night were still weighing on her, but she distracted herself with the thought of hanging out with Minho. The markets were sort of high profile, but she assumed that it would be hard to notice people if it was packed and busy. As opposed to a quiet area where people would notice and analyse your specific face. The sky was starting to darken but there was still a hint of gold over the horizon.

Lex: I'm here :)

Minho: Meet by the fountain Lex was across from that, through the crowds of people. She shimmied and pushed past them. There were few people that scoffed in annoyance but she couldn't care less. There he was, standing by the fountain, holding star-shaped glow sticks in each hand, looking around expectantly. That's cute, Lex thought to herself.

"Is that for me?" Lex called out, approaching him with her hands tucked in her pockets. Minho lit up at the sight of her, waving with the purple one in his hand.

"Yeah, I got you one too." Minho greeted her with excitement, bouncing on his heels. "Purple is still your favourite colour right?"

Lex didn't respond and made herself look uncomfortable. Minho's face dropped and he suddenly seemed embarrassed.

"No I'm kidding, I'm sorry, it still is purple." Lex grasped the hand holding the glow stick with both of hers.

"That was mean, don't do that." Minho pouted, handing her the light stick.

"Okay okay." Lex flashed him a smile and waved the purple light in front of his face. He responded by smacking it with his green one and ensued a light fight. Together, they merged into the crowd and passed the many stalls. The aroma of different foods wafted through the air. She could smell fried foods, stir fries, and even the sweetness of cotton candy.

They settled on the food stand that sold cheeseburger pie, both baffled at the incredulous idea. Minho insisted on paying, but Lex argued with him on it. She could afford to treat herself once in a while and wasn't going to let herself be spoiled. Lex ended up pulling him out of line so they could argue elsewhere as they were nearing the front. The line wasn't too long anyway. In the end, Lex won the argument by saying that since he bought the glow sticks, she would pay for the food. Minho didn't think it was a fair comparison but huffed in agreement as he couldn't be bothered continuing. He always knew she was stubborn.

When they rejoined the line, they weren't speaking to each other. She couldn't believe they actually got heated over that. When they got back to the front of the line, Lex nudged him gently. He turned to her, then smiled. She knew all was well then.

~

They ended up walking away from the markets an hour later, strolling down the path near a park. She didn't want to go too far as she had left her motorcycle in the parking lot. Conversation between them came easily. They bickered, talked about their interests until the topic led back to his gang.

"What are their names again? I've forgotten." She could only remember their leader Chan and Hyunjin. And maybe she had a vague recollection of Felix.

"Okay in order of age it's Chan, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin."

"That was pointless to ask," Lex sighed, even as an amused grin stretched across her lips, "It'd be easier to put names to faces."

"True, you're not wrong," Minho snorted, throwing an arm around her shoulder. She pressed herself against him, yawning as they walked down the street. She dabbed at her eyes with her sleeve to wipe away tears that gathered from yawning. They had tucked their glow sticks into their pockets, which hadn't lost their glow just yet.