52: Astronaut

"Wanna sit with me?" Minho whispered, sidling up behind her and bumping her with his bags. The members that he had just barged past swore at him but he ignored them.

Lex perked up at his invitation, then quirked an eyebrow sceptically. "What, are you fighting with Jisung?"

"Yes, but that's beside the point." He may or may not be mad at his boyfriend for forgetting his favourite ice cream flavour. "Sit with me, hetero."

"Okay, you have got to stop calling me that. Especially since you know it's not true." She wasn't actually mad about it, but instinctively was defensive against things that just weren't true. If anything, she took pride in all the other traits she shouldn't.

"Yeah, you're right, sorry bestie."

"Holy moly, you're such a wild ride."

He flared his nostrils in amusement. "That's what Jisung calls me."

"Minho!" She gasped so loudly the others looked at her. She lowered her voice. "I swear I god, I will not sit with you-"

"No no!" He dragged her down the aisle and herded her into the window seat.

Well, at least she got to peer out the window. She didn't protest as he slid into the seat beside her, successfully blocking her in. It wasn't like she wanted to leave anyway. She loved time with Minho.

After what went down in the basement shooting range, Lex kept herself distracted and occupied frequently. Whether that be with something practical or spending time with someone, her mind was distant. What happened with Zain hadn't made sense to her. If she thought about it long enough, it made her more paranoid dodge avoided it.

In the days leading up to their departure, she had blocked it out like she always did. It was becoming more common for her to not deal with her problems head-on anymore. The message from Chaeyoung was left unread, and she kept it from the others.

Since they hadn't been bothered during that time, everyone went about as usual. They left the house in packs and brought a RADAR wherever they went. Lex still had the feeling that they were being monitored somehow. She didn't trust Zain but hadn't wanted him executed.

Now they were ready to depart on a plane, thousands of metres above the ground. She wasn't sure if it was better or worse not being around HQ. They were away from their problems, but what happens when they come back? Chan didn't seem to be as worried as her, making her think he knew something they didn't. After what happened last time between them, she hoped he could be more honest.

"So, why are you mad at Han?" Lex asked as they finished an episode of Alice in Borderland. They had argued over the size of the subtitles as Lex liked having them bigger. Minho relented after she had punched him in the arm for calling her blind. Minho cleared his throat then coughed dramatically. She stared at him, unamused.

"Okay, he thought my favourite ice cream was mint chocolate, but it's strawberry." He sighed like it was a personal offence against him.

"Oh... I thought it was mint too."

"You're not interested in me at all!" He whined as he shook her. She laughed at him until she knocked her head into the window. Then they started catfighting, reminding them of their childhood once more. They stopped when Chan walked by and smacked the back of Minho's head for him to back off. Lex winked at him when he looked back at her.

Minho turned to her, his face serious suddenly. "Can I ask you something personal? You don't have to answer it if you're not comfortable."

"Uh oh. Kidding, sure." If Minho thought it was personal to ask, she was slightly afraid. What more would he want to know that he didn't already?