50: Time is Ticking

A month passed. The gang was closer than ever. HQ was constantly full and crowded even with how large it was. It was common for all of them to be there at once. In a way, Lex had brought them closer despite being the reason for conflict at first.

Lex's paranoia had heightened and she only stayed within HQ most days. Never had she felt anxious like she had now. Or maybe that was a lie and she chose to forget about her vulnerable moments. Every member reassured her that she was safe with them, but she didn't believe it.

If what happened at the docks was anything to go by, she was set up for worse. Just what else were they capable of? But most days she put it to the back of her mind, focusing on her relationships and hobbies to distract herself.

It was now summer and boiling hot on days where the world felt spicy. Lex actually enjoyed summer, mostly. There were rainy days here and there as per the crazy Australian weather in December.

Felix was always trying new recipes with Minho to cook for the gang. Most nights, they had dinner around the dining table or gathered in the living room. Lex started joining in and felt accomplished each time she did.

Minho and Jisung ditched their bed frames and pushed their mattresses together. It came as a shock when they found out they shared a single bed together. They would've needed to practically be on top of each other for that to work. But that wasn't a surprise.

Lex slept in her own room since returning. Some nights she'd spend with Hyunjin as some sleepover. Usually, Minho would join as well which would be followed by Jisung. To every other member aside from Minho and Jisung, Lex and Chan simply had an argument. It was more trouble than it was worth informing them in all details of their relationship. And like Minho and Jisung, they liked to stay private.

Whether they had returned to how they used to be, they weren't sure. Perhaps they wouldn't ever be, but that didn't mean they couldn't create a new path. There had been clear awkward tension at the start, one that made both of them cringe.

Chan regretted letting his emotions get the best of him, something he had been against for the wellbeing of his gang. It was why he was wary of Minho and Jisung initially but ultimately supportive, not that he told them that. He knew Lex didn't forgive easily. She may have vocalised it but her actions said otherwise. Still, he wasn't going to just give up.

~

"Anything detected, Innie?" Lex asked like she had every day as if someone was waiting to attack her any moment.

He shook his head. "No, Lex. Nothing again."

"Okay..."

"You're safe here, Lex," Jeongin said, tilting his head. It was something she'd heard for the last month now, from everyone. But how could they be so sure? It was more likely that they were just bullshitting to make her feel more comfortable. But she didn't need white lies as empty promises.

"How are you so sure? You know there was someone in my house, right? Someone that knows where I sleep," She countered the same argument every time. At this point, maybe she was just trying to convince herself something was amiss to feel better.

"But you're here now, you sleep and live here."

"That makes all of you a target to my* issue."

"Not true. And also that's what this is for." Jeongin motioned to the screen displaying a green background and a radar on it that constantly rotated. The occasional vehicle passed by further off.

After a few more minutes of staring at the blank radar passed, she spoke up again. "So there's really nothing?"

Jeongin propped his head on his fist. "Nope. Wanna watch YouTube with me?"