53: Take Off!

Lex woke up to a comforting warmth and the aroma of tonkotsu broth. After a particularly eventful night, she wasn't objecting to the steaming soup. Chan was sitting by the table, slurping at the noodles between sips of soup. There was a plastic bag on the counter that she could only assume was for her.

"Morning, Chris!" She shouted across the room loudly. To her amusement, he jumped as he was startled, but not enough to send his food flying.

He spun around and narrowed his eyes at her. "Good morning, love."

Love? That was new. She didn't hate it but there were probably better names out there. With a yawn, she threw off her covers and headed towards Chan, rubbing her eyes. She slumped next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Sorry about last night, didn't mean to blue ball you," Lex said, seemingly uncomfortable. She shouldn't apologise for it, she knew that but thought he might want to hear it anyway.

Chan shook his head and dropped his utensils, reaching out to stroke her hair stroking her hair. "No no, don't apologise. I don't care that we didn't go further, I just want you to be comfortable. You mean more to me than that."

"Aw, so sentimental and it's only 10am." Lex engulfed him in her arms, nuzzling his neck. It was comforting to hear. Even if it was the bare minimum, she was glad Chan respected her. "Thanks, Channie, that means a lot."

"Of course. Besides we had a killer night anyway." Chan kissed her forehead then returned to his food. He scooped half on an egg onto his spoon then offered it to her. She learnt his tendency to share his food with her meant he must really love her. Even though he never took hers, he loved stealing the other's members food.

She shook her head but smiled in appreciation. "Well, if you're fine then I'm fine."

"It's all fine." Chan wiped his hand over her face as if erasing her. "Moving on! Can I call you Lexy cause it rhymes with sexy?"

"Huh? Sure?" She raised an eyebrow. There wasn't a moment where she could ever predict what the sudden topic change would be about. "Are you also five?"

He grinned widely. "I may be."

"Sure, whatever." She ruffled his hair. "So then why do you call Felix, Lixie?"

"Rhymes with pixie."

"He does look like one..." She tapped her chin. "He won't let me call him Filly."

"Nothing's stopping you."

"True..."

Lex stood up and stretched again. She could start on her food, but on the other hand, she wanted a bath. The idea of steaming inside the tub won. While on her way to the bathroom, she pulled her shirt over her head and threw it onto their bed. A smirk played on her lips when she heard Chan choke.

~

"Okay, I'm leaving." Lex strutted by in a crop top and a skirt, very different from what she usually wore. She had to admit, she did think she looked nice, but it wasn't something she'd do all the time. Hyunjin offered to do her makeup but she downright refused it, settling for only her nails again.

"You look hot, have fun." Chan eyed her up and down then raised an eyebrow. She looked stunning. It was different definitely. He liked it but he also liked what she usually wore. Bottom line was, she looked good. He then continued reading the magazine he was holding.

Lex didn't think he'd care about what she wore, he valued her individuality and wouldn't dare tell her what she could and couldn't wear. Besides, she looked really good.