73: When You're Ready

It had been two days since Chan had last slept. Sleepless nights were common for him, but he didn't even want to retire back to his bedroom. She wasn't there with him, there was no point. He spent his time watching over Lex's location, calling in trusted allies, gathering weaponry, even shedding a tear here and there in the tech room. 

Each of his members participated in the planning. Members of JYP's faction also frequently worked with them, it was the most productive Chan had seen them as he didn't work with them often. Even Lisa and Sana were adamant about joining. They didn't know what they were getting themselves into but wre willing to fight.

Chan had been swarmed with the guilt of arguing with Lex in his final moments with her. He felt at fault for driving her away, no matter how much Minho reassured him that it was going to happen one way or another. Minho had remained surprisingly optimistic, but Chan knew he was struggling to keep it together inside himself. That was his best friend... His little sister.

They hadn't worked out a date just yet but Chan believed they had a solid plan. His plan being an all-out war to get Lex back. If they were the people that had been terrorising his gang, he was going to make them pay. He wished he had been more cautious, so it wouldn't have had to come to this.

Lex's phone had been relocated a few times had remained in the same spot for the last two days. Whether it was actually her or just her phone, he wasn't sure yet. They used outside sources to lurk around the location. They surmised that it was another faction far off from them near an 'abandoned' factory. Either way, he guessed she must've been around there somewhere. If she is alive.

A sudden rattle startled Chan out of his thoughts. He realised it was only Minho, who had placed a plate with a croissant in front of him with a slight smile. Though Chan had been neglecting his own needs, the sight of the pastry made his stomach rumble. 

"Thank you." Chan gave him an appreciative nod before digging into the croissant.

Minho nodded back and slumped into the seat beside him. "How are you? Any progress?"

"Bam says there's usually guards stationed around the factory but there's enough bushland around to make an easy snipe," Chan informed, rolling his chair backwards to grab a clipboard. "Once we get in, we can split into groups and thin them out."

"Sounds easy enough." Minho shrugged, masking his sarcasm for the sake of Chan. "And any clues to Lex?"

Chan pointed to the red dot that flared where Lex's phone had been located for days now. "She's been here for a while. Thing is, her phone should've died, so I'm wondering whether it's actually her."

"Okay... Are there leads on what the area looks like?'

"Well... Bam did also say there was an odd lighthouse tower in the back that roughly traced to Lex's location. Though he's not entirely sure."

"We'll search high and low for her."

"She might not even be alive..." Chan murmured, burying his face into his hands. He didn't want to even think of the possibility but it plagued his mind no matter how much he tried. It wasn't unlikely, they'd be lucky to if she was still alive.

Minho shook his head. "Don't say that."

"The thing is, how would they know we plan to come after them or that we even know how to track her?"

"Are you sure they're even expecting us? I mean, maybe they're just keeping her there."

"That makes it more likely she's dead." Chan swallowed the lump in his throat and squeezed his eyes to block tears. It became harder to remain every hour when all he could think about was the possibility he would never see Lex again. Though the last few months had been chaos, he enjoyed every moment he had with Lex.