39: Edging Closer

Weeks into their stay, they had become comfortable in their environment. It was a bit more cramped than it was at HQ but it was cozy. Thankfully there were air-conditioners installed around the house too. Some days it would get up to 35C and others it would drop back to 20C. They packed adequately and had clothing that fit the weather.

Chan was working outside on a warm day. The grass had become overgrown due to being neglected for a long time. He would've asked for help from the others but figured it could be a good workout for him. He was regretting it when he started sweating pools.

"He's kind of hot right?" Lex stared at him through the kitchen window, leaning against the counter. Chan pushed the lawnmower across the tall grass. He was wearing a tank top, so with each push, his muscles flexed. And damn, he was buff, all throughout his arms.

Jisung peered into the window beside her and nodded. He had been in the middle of cooking breakfast for Minho with Lex beside him, sipping on lemonade. The two had become closer too as she was Minho's best friend.

"Who, Chan? Absolutely." Jisung paused his stirring to stare at her. "Starting to think you were lying when you said you didn't have feelings for him."

"No, it wasn't a lie. You can think someone is attractive without liking them." Lex stated nonchalantly, sipping her lemonade. "Like how I think you and Minho are attractive."

Was she being truthful? No. But she didn't want to admit to something he wasn't completely certain of herself. It was complicated. Maybe she decided she should discuss it with Minho soon. She understood why he had kept his relationship secret at first, but now she needed advice.

"Aww, you mean that? Thanks." Jisung pat her back. "But I still don't think that applies to Chan."

"Why?"

"Well, I mean who's room have you been sneaking into on several different nights?"

Lex froze, slowly turning to him. "How would you know?"

"Okay we usually can't hear you, but on nights where you guys laugh really loud, we can hear it. Only if it's around midnight. It never wakes us up." Jisung wasn't complaining, he actually found it cute. But he felt smug as he seemed to have hit the nail on the head.

"I can explain."

"Go ahead."

"Be right back!." Lex suddenly turned away from the window. She poured a second glass and opened the back door with her elbow to offer it to Chan. Well, she couldn't explain, not even knowing how to.

Minho shuffled into the kitchen moments later with his matching bunny slippers, distracting Jisung from what just happened. He skipped over to Jisung when he saw him and hugged him from behind.

Jisung rubbed his boyfriend's arm. "How'd you sleep, Jagi?"

"Mmmm fine, but you left before I woke up." Minho pouted, resting his head on his shoulder. Ever since they got together, sleeping had become so restful. Sure they cuddled before, but now as a couple, it was the most comforting thing ever.

"Because I wanted to make you breakfast." Jisung spun around and presented a plate of

"Hannie, you're so cute, I love you." Minho pinched his cheeks and kissed his forehead. Jisung beamed at him and placed down the plate to tackle him in a hug.

Jisung buried his face into his neck. "I love you too, so much."

"Not even possible." Minho scoffed, rubbing his back slowly.

"Don't fight me on this, I made you breakfast."

"Okay, you love me more today but tomorrow it's my turn."