Chapter Five: The Slug Club

Snow began to fall in mid December, the students of Hogwarts were getting excited for the Holidays, one teacher in particular was excited to host his annual Slug Club Christmas party

Aries had been lucky enough not to receive an invitation as her skills were not admired by the Professor, but Benjy on the other hand had been formally invited to the event.

"I don't want to go." he sighed, looking at the invitation.

"You don't have to go." Dorcas told him as she sat opposite him and Aries.
"I do, he said if I don't then he's going to fail me."

"Is he allowed to do that?" Aries asked.

"Probably not but he's still going to do it."

"Sucks to be you." Dorcas said, eating an apple.

"Will one of you come with me?" Benjy asked the two girls.

They both shook their heads. "I'm good."

"Please!" he said, giving them both puppy dog eyes.

"I'm going on a date." Dorcas said.

"Same." Aries said.

"Aries! You're not even doing anything, please come with me." Benjy pleaded.

Aries scoffed. "I might actually have a date." Benjy and Dorcas stared at her in silence. "You don't have to look at me like that, why can't you take Emmeline?"

"She broke up with me, she said that she likes that Ravenclaw, Dearborn."

"Awwh, Ben." Dorcas consoled.

"See Aries, I am heartbroken and your best friend, so you should come with me."

"I revoke my friendship with you until after the party." Aries said, patting his shoulder. "Plus I do have a date."

"Yeah with me, thanks Air, you're a great friend."

"Drawing in your sketchbook is not a date." Dorcas rolled her eyes. "Plus you can get all the gossip from all the students that are going, and you get to see Ben make a fool out of himself for acting smart and all that jazz."

Aries let out a loud sigh. "Fine but you owe me."

"Oh my gosh, Aries, I love you so much!" Benjy said, pulling her into a hug. "This is why you're my favourite."

"Benjy! What about me?" Dorcas scowled.

"What? You just called me a fool." he shrugged.

☽☆☾

"I can't believe you're making me do this." Aries said, she and Benjy were walking down towards Professor Slughorn's office.

"I would have come with you if you were in my position." said Benjy.