Chapter Four: A Secret Keeper

(A/N: I'm a lazy writer so I canny be bothered to write how they find the Horcruxes but they do coz... idk they just do, okay.)

13th July 1981

13th July 1981

By July the order had managed to find two horcruxes, Marvolo Gaunt's ring and Rowena Ravenclaws 'lost' diadem.

"There's still more." Dumbledore said.

"We've also got to figure out how to destroy them all." James added.

"I've done a bit of reading... they all say something about basilisk venom." Remus said. "None of Fenrir's pack knows anything about it,"

"Great, now we have to find a basilisk as well as these horcruxes." Marlene groaned.

Peter's arm began to burn, he winced slightly.

"You okay?" Benjy asked, noticing him.

"My arm, I've got to go."

Benjy nodded, the others understood.

A moment later Peter was at the death eater meeting. Voldemort sat at the top of the table. Peter wasn't really listening, his mind somewhere else, he noticed a gold cup on the fireplace, he saw the trademark badger of the Hufflepuff house, his brows furrowed.

"Peter," Voldemort's voice plucked out of nowhere, making the hairs on his arm stand up. "Anything to add? I'm sure you're getting a kick out of the fact they haven't figured out about you." he had a smug grin on his face.

Peter breathed out a small laugh. "It is very amusing, my Lord." he saw the eyes of Bellatrix Lestrange watching him. He cleared his throat, "Nothing to add. They don't suspect anything."

"Excellent news,"

The meeting continued, Peter kept glancing at the cup, if he had made Rowena Ravenclaw's prized item a Horcrux what would stop him making the Hufflepuff heirloom the same.

After the meeting the death eater huddled in groups, that was one of the things that was the same with being the double-spy. Neither side trusted him enough.

"I see you were entranced with my collectible." Voldemort said, creeping up on Peter.

"Is it Helga Hufflepuff's?" Peter asked.

"Indeed. One of her descendents had it in her possession, one of my clients from years ago."

Peter nodded, trying not to look at Voldemort, his piercing red eyes stared at him.

"Why did you join us Peter?"

Peter stammered. "Pardon?"

"Why? You were so easily turned, why didn't you come to us from the beginning."

"I saw my opportunity when I was recruited. I didn't know how important this was until I joined. I see the potential of a better world, when you're in charge."