FortySix:Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black

to mum, dad, angelika, sirius, remus and whoever else is there,

I got into gryffindor!! It's so cool, I've made friends with everyone in my dorm, Dennis has shown me around the castle, the staircases move! I did get stuck on it on my first day... but if anyone asks I just got lost.

dad you would love the quidditch pitch. I had my first flying lesson which was really fun, although Halle, my friend, didn't like it because she hates heights.

anyway i have to go, I have defence against the dark arts with the worst teacher ever, even Hermione doesn't like her and Hermione likes everyone.

love you loads, Daisy x

☽☆☾

After the term started Grimmauld place emptied slowly, Molly and Arthur went back to the Burrow, Angelika had quickly moved in with Kingsley, and the rest of the order would attend meetings and then go back home soon after.

Only Sirius, Remus, Aries and Leo stayed at the house, although Leo had gone back to work at the hospital, so he wasn't there the majority of the time. Aries had decided whilst the Order was still going on she wouldn't go back to work until after everything was okay.

Despite everyone deep cleaning the house it still had the smell of mildew still lingered and there was one room they hadn't gone into yet.

"You ready?" Sirius asked, as she entered the kitchen, he placed down the Daily Prophet on the table.

She nodded. "Probably better to get it over and done with."

The two siblings walked up the the top floor, a notice on the door in his handwriting:

Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of

Regulus Arcturus Black

"I couldn't stop laughing when he put that sign up." Aries glimmered as Sirius opened the door. "Thought it would have been something you would have done."

"I think I gave him the idea for it. Plus I kept going into his room so that's why he put it up."

Inside hadn't changed much from when the two saw it last. Regulus had always been the tidiest out of the three, although it seemed as though he'd gotten a bit scruffy by the end of his life.

Aries paused outside of the doorframe, remembering the last time she saw her twin brother. She had just finished a shift at the diner and Leo had walked her home, Regulus had called her from the street. His eyes were dark and lost.

"Hey, Air. You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Sirius said, noticing his sister hadn't moved.

Aries shook her head, stepping into the room. "It's fine," she said, looking around. The words Toujours pur, still painted under the Black family crest. The Slytherin colours threaded throughout the room.

Sirius walked towards his desk, picking up scraps of newspapers. "Wonder what he was trying to do?"

Aries stayed silent looking around the room, she noticed a chess board half-way through a game, she picked up one of the pieces. She hated playing chess, mainly because she never understood the rules and... she would always play with Peter. She put the piece down, getting him out of her thoughts.

"Do you think we could have helped him?" Sirius asked as he scanned the room.

Aries glanced down at her hands. "He came to me... a few weeks before he died."

Sirius turned his head towards her.

"He came asking for help," she bit her lip, shaking her head. "But I turned him away, told him he meant nothing to me. Maybe if I had helped him none of this would have happened-"

"Hey," Sirius cut her off. "None of this is your fault, Air. even if you had helped him, you don't know if you would have helped anyone else."

Aries still doubted herself no matter what he said, she thought about that night, Regulus had gone to her, he needed her and she brushed him away as if he was nothing. If she hadn't, what would have happened?

Maybe he had found a way to get rid of Voldemort. Maybe everyone would have been alive if she had just talked to him.

Maybe Peter wouldn't have become a death eater.

It was her fault.

Everything was her fault.

_______________

This was a very short chapter and I felt like it wasn't worth a weeks wait so you get an early update this week

I also debated what house to put Daisy in coz originally she was gonna be in Ravenclaw and then last minute I put in Gryffindor

Hope you enjoyed

Please vote and comment 🌟