Chapter Fifty Eight: Brave Lion

(This chapter was low key unplanned, soz if it's a bit out of place)

15th September 1979

Leo placed down the daisy's on the grave he visited every year. But this year marked ten years since his mother had died.

He had only been eleven when she passed away, his father was there but never was. Once he was eighteen his father moved away, leaving him and his older brother alone.

It wasn't too bad, they had money left over from the inheritance, one flat in London and another in Derby. His brother moved further away and Leo stayed where he was closer to university.

He stood up from the grave, making his way back home, taking the longest possible route.

He hated the 15th of September. He wished that the day would just disappear from the calendar. Just make it non-existent. But of course that would never happen.

He finally made his way to Berkeley square stopping off at Joey's diner for a quick shake, but it didn't taste right, something was missing but he drank it anyway.

After he made his way back to his flat, he heard loud bangs from the stairs, he opened the door and saw a girl wearing a long black cloak, struggling to carry a large old fashioned trunk, which seemed as though she had plucked it from the 17th century.

"Oh, let me help you." he said, grabbing the other end, he was shocked at how heavy it was and how she had managed to get halfway up the stairs with no help.

When they reached the third floor, Leo realised she was the new girl Simon had told him about during band practice, who was moving in.

"Thanks for that, didn't think I could get up that flight by myself." she said, feathery.

He smiled in response. "I'm Leo, I live on the ground floor."

"Aries." she replied, holding out her hand for him to shake.

They began talking, stopping when Simon stuck his head out of the door. "Already chatting her up, I see." he nodded to Leo.

Leo rolled his eyes, saying goodbye. Aries flashed him a smile before he left.

He thought about her smile all day.

☽☆☾

23rd December 1980

"Just admit you've had a crush on Aries for a year now-" Simon teased.

"I do not have a crush on Aries."

"Leo! You have a crush on Aries, that's so sweet." Viktoria squealed.

Leo sighed. "I don't-"