Chapter Fifty: Summer 1996

TW: Suicide Attempt

There was murmuring from the other side of the door, Aries could hear Leo and Angelika talking

It had been a week since Remus had come to the house. A week since Bellatrix killed Sirius. A week since he was proven innocent. A week since Aries had left her bedroom.

She'd made it as far as the top of the stairs before going back to her room and hiding under the covers.

Leo left food and water on the side table next to her but she couldn't eat.

"She won't talk to me, and she won't eat." she heard Leo tell Angelika.

The door then opened, Aries could tell from the footsteps that it was Angelika.

"Morning," Angelika half-smiled as she got into the bed next to her friend. Both of them knew that it wasn't the morning.

Aries turned to face her.

"Leo's worried about you." she said softly.

"I know." Aries said, surprised her voice didn't crack. "I saw he's hidden all the pills in the cabinet,"

"He was worried it would happen again."

Aries didn't say anything.

Two weeks after Halloween 1981 Aries was alone, angry, upset and she couldn't stand it. She didn't want to feel anything anymore. She didn't want to be alive. She felt it was wrong that everyone else had died and she was the only one left. And she didn't see the point of living, there was nothing here for her anymore.

So that evening she raided all the drawers, cabinets, boxes grabbing all the pills she could find, any pills she could find. She didn't care what they were or what they did, as long as they did the job.

Angelika had found her lying in the middle of the bathroom, she ran to her checking for a pulse then she saw the remaining pills then stuck her hand down her throat.

"Don't you fucking dare leave me." she cried.

Once Aries gained consciousness Angelika ran to the phone, calling for an ambulance.

She lied, told them she was her sister so she would get updates from the nurses. She didn't sleep at all that night. Every nurse, doctor, even cleaner got queried.

"How long is it going to take? Can I see her? I need to know she's okay."

Everyone turned her down, telling her they're working on it.

Finally two days later a nurse let her see Aries, she walked into the room, a constant beep from the monitor next to her, tubes in her nose, and IV drip tubes leading to her hand.

She smiled weakly at Angelika. "I'm sorry."

Angelika took a seat next to Aries, "You could have spoken to me about it."