Chapter Ten: Miscommunication

"FRIEND! He said I was his friend!" Aries half shouted, she had sprinted back to the Hufflepuff dorm rooms in embarrassment, where Benjy, Dorcas and Marlene were

"FRIEND! He said I was his friend!" Aries half shouted, she had sprinted back to the Hufflepuff dorm rooms in embarrassment, where Benjy, Dorcas and Marlene were. "I was about to tell him how I felt and then he friendzones me!"

"Maybe he meant it in a way that you're like a great friend." Dorcas suggested.

"That's even worse! Oh my gosh!" she flopped onto the bed face down. "I hate this so much! He patted my shoulder- good friend! Who am I, Sirius!?"

"God, I am so glad I like women, men just do what they like- Sorry Ben." Marlene said, she got up from the bed. "I'm going to head out, have fun you three."

"Friend!" Aries said. "I- ugh."

"So men, huh?"

"Shut up Dorcas." Benjy and Aries said in unison.

"Oh come on, lighten up a bit, there's plenty more fish in the sea." Dorcas said, giving them her wide grin.

"Hey Cas, anyone tell you that you're crap at comforting people?" Benjy asked. 

Dorcas nodded. "You have. Several times and usually Aries is the one that picks up the pieces but you know she's dealing with her own stuff."

"I'm fine!"

"Sure sweetie."

"You should have said friend."

"I swear to Merlin! I'm gonna kill you Benjy!"

☽☆☾

"PETER FUCKING PETTIGREW!"

Peter jumped looking towards the dormroom doors, he had been finishing up his homework whilst talking to the other Marauders and Lily.

"Marlene?" he answered warily, he looked at her with wide eyes.

"Friend!"

"Huh?"

"I just want to ask you a question, are you blind?"

Sirius and James snickered as Peter whimpered.

"W-what?"

"Are you blind?"

"No?"

"Then what the hell are you playing at?"

"What are you on about?"

"Aries!"

Sirius stopped laughing as his face dropped. "What did you do?" he asked.

"I didn't do anything." Peter squeaked.

"Exactly!" Marlene shouted. "She likes you!"

"What?"     Sirius said, he stared widely at Marlene.

"What?" Peter said, shaking his head. "Nah, she's dating Benjy."

"What!?" Sirius said, now turning his attention back to Peter.