Chapter Twenty Four: The Daisy Chains

Euphemia and Fleamont passed away during the end of April 1980, they had both caught a terrible case of Dragon Pox

Their deaths had not been sudden to the fact that Fleamont had scolded James, Sirius and Aries not to get upset, they had both lived a long life and it was time for them to go, but that didn't make the loss easier for Aries, they had taken her under their wings only a few years prior and they were already gone.

At their funeral she hoped that she wouldn't have to go to any for a while, she didn't think she could attend another one so soon.

Aries continued with university as a few days before her passing Euphemia managed to have a conversation with her about how important it was to stay studying and not to leave on their own accord and by May she had almost finished her first year. She had picked up a few extra shifts at the diner to keep her mind busy.

The bell rang as Aries grabbed the plate from the side and took it to the diners, she then went back behind the bar and wiped down the counter in front of her. The door opened and Leo walked in wearing a white buttoned shirt and a brown gilet styled jacket on top.

"What are you wearing?" she asked, raising a brow.

"What do you mean? I'm Han Solo." he said, gesturing to his clothes.

"Han Solo?"

Leo gaped. "You didn't watch Star wars?"

"Oh that- no..."

"Why not?"

"I couldn't get into it." she said, a slight lie, she just didn't know how to use the video recorder and felt it was too awkward to ask Angelika or Simon to help her.

"But it's a great film."

"I'm sure it is... seeing as you're dressed up as Hand Solo."

"Han."

"That's what I said." she laughed. "Why you all dressed up?"

"The band has a show tonight, at the Green Dragon and we've all decided to go fancy dress, Viktoria's idea- you know Angelika's sister? Turns out she plays guitar and now plays for us."

Viktoria had mentioned it in the middle of class a few weeks ago.

"Yeah, Luke is Princess Leia- honestly missed opportunity to be Luke Skywalker, Simon is Chewie,"

Aries raised her brows at the name but continued to listen.

"I'm Han Solo, and Vik is Yoda. What time do you get off? You could come and watch?" he asked hopefully.

"Unfortunately I don't get off til two." she frowned slightly.

"You can't sneak out?"

"I think they'll notice if I leave, sounds like you're going to have a fun night."