Chapter Twenty Two: Fault

It was a short conversation between the two siblings

"I'm going to the funeral."

"Aries-"

"I'm going."

"It's not safe-"

"I don't care. He's our brother, he made the wrong choice." she said, trying to ignore his voice from the other night. "I understand if you don't want to go, but I am."

Sirius rubbed his eyes frustratedly. "I'll find out when it is, you're not going alone." he stood up and looked at Peter.

"I'm gonna stay here." Peter said, Sirius nodded and left.

Aries let out a deep breath. "I need to get ready for work."

"Huh?" Peter said. "You can't go now."

"I have to be there in fifteen minutes." she said, in the back of her mind she could hear Regulus' voice.

"I need your help."

"Star, you can't go now."

"Please, you're the only person I trust."

She shook her head, trying to ignore the voice.

"I'm your brother."

Aries turned to walk into her bedroom but Peter reached for her arm, "Aries." the way he said her name made her crumble, she dropped down on her knees and broke down into tears.

"It's my fault."

"What?" he knelt down in front of her. "What are you on about?"

"He was here. He was here two weeks ago- he asked me to help him but I refused." she cried, "I told him he was nothing to me- he was my brother- I should have helped him, he's dead because of me."

Peter shook his head. "None of this is your fault, Star, look at me." he wiped away tears from her face. "You didn't cause this-."

"He begged me for help, Peter. And I said no-"

"You said that because he was a death eater, you did the right thing Aries. He may have not been there for help, maybe he just wanted to get near you and then... I don't know, hurt you or something."

"You didn't see him-"

"Star, I was there that day when he told you he made his choice. I saw the way you tried to help him, you did everything you could."

"I didn't do enough."

"He was a death eater." Peter said shortly. " Not you, I'm not going to let you sit here and believe that it's your fault Aries, he refused the help from the beginning and then he expected you to drop everything when he'd gone too far, he deserved this."