Chapter Two: The Wrath Of Sirius Black

Sirius didn't wait for an answer before he pounced, grabbing Peter's collar and slamming him against the wall

"Sirius!" Aries shouted, trying to get him off Peter, but no amount of strength would help.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! How could you!" Sirius shouted.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Peter repeated.

The noise and commotion had caused Remus and James to run into the room, the two with the help of Aries were able to pull Sirius from Peter.

"What on Earth are you doing?" James shouted, keeping a hold of Sirius' arm.

"He's a fucking death eater, he's got the mark." Sirius accused.

James and Remus looked at Peter, their faces frowned into confusion.

"What?" James asked. "Pete, that's not true right?"

Sirius rounded on Aries. "Did you know?"

She shook her head quickly. "No, no, he told me just now."

"I did it to protect her, they were going to kill her."

"Who?" Sirius bellowed, his voice was loud enough to shake the house down.

"Rodolphus and Bellatrix."

Aries' heart dropped, it was because of her. Her family, her roots will always follow her.

Her breathing began to deepen as her chest began to close up.

"Aries?" Remus asked, noticing her.

"I can't- I-" she ran out of the room, using the walls to keep her standing.

She couldn't breathe. Her ears rang, burning up terribly.

"Aries?" She could hear Benjy's voice in the distance.

She crumbled to the ground, hugging her knees, tears streaming down her face. Benjy knelt down, taking a hold of her hand. "Hey, hey, it's okay." he said calmly. "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere."

Once Aries regained her breath, she shook her head muttering. "It was because of me."

"What?"

"Peter."

"What happened to Peter?"

Aries bit her lip, trying to hold back tears, she looked up, James had walked towards them, a supportive smile upon his face but his hair looked as though he'd ran his hands through it stressfully.

"Alastor's on his way, Dumbledore as well. They're going to have to question him." he told them.

Benjy looked at Aries then up at James. "What's going on?"

☽☆☾

Sirius paced the living room, making Aries feel uneasy. She was sitting at the back of the room, Benjy hadn't let go of her hand, afraid of another panic attack, Dorcas had positioned herself next to Aries, she lightly strummed her hand with her thumb.

"Sirius, sit down, there's nothing you can do right now." Remus said, tiredly, it had been the third time he had asked him to sit down, but Sirius shook his head.

Lily helped Andromeda bring everyone tea but Aries couldn't drink any, her stomach twisted with guilt and sadness.

Every so often Sirius would look over at his younger sister, she wondered what he was thinking. Maybe he thought she had known the entire time, but she turned her head away, her eyes focusing on the flickering flames in the fireplace.

An hour after the arrival of Alastor Moody and Albus Dumbledore they opened the door where they were questioning Peter, he followed them out glancing at Aries but she couldn't look at him, her eyes wouldn't let her.

"Well?" Sirius asked.

"We've spoken to Mr Pettigrew and we've come to an agreement." Dumbledore started. "We won't get any aurors involved, and he'll be a double spy for us. It will work in our favour. He'll go to the meetings, get close to Tom Riddle and he'll get information for us to work with."

Alastor started. "We know he has weapons and if we have Pettigrew on the inside we'll know what they are-"

"And how do you know he won't betray us?" Sirius demanded.

"The unbreakable vow." Dumbledore said.  "It was our only option."

"Ben?" Aries whispered, looking at her best friend, "I want to go home."

Benjy nodded, "Yeah, yeah, come on." he said, standing up.

"I'll come-" Peter began.

"No." Aries shook her head, her eyes looked past him. "I think... I think it's best you stayed here." she swallowed hard, Benjy squeezed her hand a little bit.

"Come on Air," he said.

They apparated to Aries' flat which was vacant seeing as everyone had gone home for the holidays. She let herself fall onto the sofa, Benjy turned on the TV for some background noise, he sat beside her stroking her arm.

"It's going to be okay, Air."

She stayed silent, her mind loud with thoughts.

The main feeling of blame lingered, she should have never have let it get so far, her family shouldn't have come between her and Peter.

They shouldn't have made him do this.

This was her fault.

And she could never forgive herself.

☽☆☾

Peter watched as Aries and Benjy left. She couldn't even look at him, he shouldn't have told her. If he hadn't said anything it would be okay. He would have been able to sort it out. He would have dealt with it.

But now his friends looked at him with hate, Sirius' nostrils flared as he spoke, James who always forgave anyone had a look of disappointment and Remus didn't dare look at him.

Peter looked down at the ground as Dumbledore spoke.

"I have no reason to believe that Mr Pettigrew will do anything to harm the Order, he is the same friend he was before you all found out about the mark, you must treat him the same."

Sirius shook his head. "There's no way I'm trusting him." he spat spitefully.

"Mr Black, your sister was in imminent danger. Are you telling me you wouldn't have done the same?"

"I- I would have found another way." he spluttered.

"There wouldn't have been another way, Pads," James said. "He did it to protect Aries, if he hadn't then... she wouldn't be here."

Sirius bit the side of his cheek, he looked at Peter. "There was no other reason? You didn't do it for power?"

"No," Peter shook his head. "I never wanted this, I know you're not going to trust me. And I know it's going to take a lot to convince you and Aries, I know what you've grown up with and if there was another way believe me I would have done that but I couldn't, I couldn't, Sirius. This was the only way, and I'm sorry."

Sirius let out a deep breath but nodded. "Okay, but stay away from her, until this blows over. It's going to take a while for her to come round after what they did to her..."

Peter remembered years prior where her parents had almost forced her to become a death eater.

"I know." Peter nodded, "I really am sorry."

"There's no point in apologising, Peter. It's already done. Just focus on getting rid of Voldemort. That's your priority now."

__________________________

Hope you enjoyed ☺️