Chapter Twenty One: Brother

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

10:48

Aries scrambled out of bed, grabbing anything she could find on the floor to put on. She jumped trying to put her socks on and ran out into the hallway putting on her shoes.

"Um, there's an owl outside... again" Angelika said, walking past her and leaving the flat.    

Aries sighed, she opened the window letting it in and untied the letter and shoved them on the side. "I haven't got any treats." she said, shooing the owl away.

She ran out the door without looking back at the letters, at the bottom of the pile was a matt black envelope with silver foiling with her name on it.

☽☆☾

She was only twenty minutes late to her lesson, but seeing as her teacher wasn't an animagus like her transfiguration professor she was able to slip right into her seat unnoticed.

"You're late." her classmate, Viktoria, whispered.

"No, you were just very early." Aries grinned, opening her sketchbook.

After the lesson was over Aries headed towards the tube station to go back home but her name was called back by Viktoria.

"Aries, hey." she stopped in front of her. "I was just wondering, I'm kind of new here and um, I don't really have many friends and um- I kinda." she stopped and sighed. "What I'm trying to say is do you want to hang out."

Aries smiled. "What do you have in mind?"

Viktoria hesitated. "Oh um... I didn't think you would actually say yeah... um."

"There's that new bakery that opened down in the other canteen." Aries suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds great."

In agreement the two walked to the bakery, talking about the lesson they had just had.

They sat down outside, the weather wasn't too bad, but there were still clouds in the sky making it look dreary.

"So what made you come to London to study?" Aries asked, as she took a bite of the cake she had just ordered.

"Oh well, my step-sister goes here and I got accepted so I thought I might as well, plus I didn't get into Leicester, where I'm from, so I just came here. To be fair, art wasn't what I wanted to do."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to do a lawyer degree, but then I got to the exam and just walked out-"

"What?"

"Yeah, my dad was pissed when I said I wanted to do art, although he was more pissed when my Step-mum bought me a guitar for my seventh birthday, wouldn't stop playing it." Viktoria said. "What were your parents like?"