Chapter Forty Four: Portraits

As soon as they arrived back at Grimmauld Place, Molly ushered Harry upstairs and the rest of the Order into the kitchen for the meeting

Aries had found them very repetitive; the ministry still didn't believe Voldemort was back, there were still no sightings of him or any death eaters, he seemed to be laying down low, she would silently curse knowing that it was Peter that had helped return and was still helping him.

No one would mention him in her presence, she was sure Sirius had gone around and told everyone not to. From what she had overheard Peter had spent twelve years disguised as a pet rat at the Weasley's, they had almost caught him but they weren't successful. Remus still hadn't forgiven himself for not taking wolfsbane potion that night.

Although Sirius had warned everyone not to say anything he forgot to tell one person.

"Is it true you dated Pettigrew?" Harry had asked one afternoon, he'd been there nearly two weeks now, she was sure it was Ronald Weasley who had told, he was quite a gossiper.

"You're very forward with your question."

"Sorry-" he said quickly.

"No, don't apologise, everyone's been treading on eggshells around me. They think I might break down if his name is mentioned. Which I won't... or I might, depending on the day." she replied, pressing her lips into a smile.

Harry had a look of confusion, she knew he just wanted to ask 'why?'

"He wasn't... evil when I knew him." she started, "At least I don't think he was. He was kind, and he was one the first people who truly accepted me despite who my family was. I have no idea what made him turn."

"You didn't know?" he asked.

Aries shook her head. "If I did I would never have let him get away with it."

"Even though you loved him?"

"He hurt so many people, my friends, your parents... I would have done anything to prevent it, no matter my feelings." she told him, his eyes flickered away from hers when she mentioned James and Lily. He nodded, satisfied with her answer, she didn't blame him for being wary of her.

There were a lot of people against Harry, it was a scary world and he needed everyone he could trust.

☽☆☾

"Remind me why are we not using magic again?" Sirius heaved as he and Aries struggled to move a large chest across the room.

"Something Molly said about the house collapsing in on itself." she replied, using her back to push.

"Is that really so bad?"

"Of course not, except from the fact this is headquarters." Aries huffed glaring at her brother.

"I wonder who decided that." he replied, looking away from her, then he rolled his eyes. "I didn't actually think Dumbledore was going to take the offer, if I knew I would have said Potter Manor would be the best, my mattress was way better there."