Chapter Forty One: My Darling Mother

Sirius had been right

Aries did not like where headquarters was being held. At first she had laughed it off when Chloe had told her, but quickly realised she wasn't joking.

That had been a week ago and now Aries was getting ready to leave her house and go back to the one she grew up in. The pit in her stomach had grown deeper and deeper as the day got closer but she elected to ignore it.

She hadn't been to Grimmauld Place since she was sixteen, when her parents tried to make her become a death eater, the night she had escaped thinking of one thing... one person.

She wondered if he had thought about her the past fourteen years whilst in hiding, if he ever felt guilty for leaving her, guilty for hurting everyone, or maybe he didn't care, it was all just a game to him.

"I will never let anyone hurt you ever again,"

His words flooded.

"cross my heart and hope to die."

She closed her eyes. She didn't want to think of him, she had wasted too much time mourning him, he didn't deserve it.

The door slipped open, Leo poked his head through, he smiled sympathetically. "You alright?"

"Fine." Aries said, then she bit her lip. "Not fine... I don't really know what I'm feeling."

Leo stepped into the room. "We don't have to go if you don't want to."

She shook her head. "No, I have to. I have to help them. We should get going, Moody said to be there at four." Aries told him, and he replied with a nod.

"Aries, are you sure you're going to be okay?"

She pressed her lips into a smile, and grazed his arm. "I'll be fine. I've got you and Daisy."

"Not forgetting Angelika."

"Ah yes, Angelika."

It had been a long argument between her and Kingsley, to the fact that Moody almost left him stranded, but after long while the two had made up, and Angelika would be going to Grimmauld Place with them.

"I tell you what, I do not envy Kingsley." Leo joked.

"I think it's cute." Aries said, "Even though it's been years since they last saw each other."

"Bit like us."

"Yeah," Aries smiled. "Bit like us."

"Okay! Let's go, I'm ready!" Angelika shouted from the hall. "Daisy and I are bored!"

"Right, we better be off then." Leo said, taking her bag.

"Finally," Angelika said as the two walked downstairs.

"Come on then." Leo nodded to the front door.

"Wait!" Daisy said, halting to a stop then ran up the stairs into her bedroom.