Chapter Thirty Five: Funeral

BLACKER THAN BLACK

BLACKER THAN BLACK

Thursday 5th November 1981

The heir of the Noble House of Black, Sirius Black (22), has been sentenced to life in Azkaban prison without a trial.

Black had everyone fooled with his charming personality, no one knew that he had become the Dark Lord's right hand man.

He had spilled the secret location of the parents of the boy who lived, Harry Potter, he intended for the boy to die as well but he was unsuccessful.

Black was spotted on Carnaby Street on the 1st November, arguing with fellow friend and ex-classmate, Peter Pettigrew (21) before using the blasting curse, killing Pettigrew and twelve muggles. Only a finger of Pettigrew was recovered from the scene.

One muggle was identified as Viktoria Shaw, Black's younger sister, Aries Black (20), classmates at the University of London.

No reports on how Black is taking the tragic news.

Peter Pettigrew will be awarded the Order of Merlin, First Class by The Minister of Magic, Millicent Bagnold, for his heroic confrontation, his funeral will be held later today at Godric's Hollow. The same resting place as his friends James and Lily Potter.

The daily prophet, Rita Skeeter

☽☆☾

Five days.

Five days had passed since Aries' world had collapsed.

James and Lily were dead.

Peter was dead.

Viktoria was dead.

Sirius had murdered them all for no reason, just to save his own skin. Aries cried for days, Remus had been putting on a brave face when he saw her but he crumbled as soon as he left.

Both of them blamed themselves.

How could they not realise?

How could Remus live with a death eater and not know it?

How could Aries not realise her brother was a death eater?

How was it that Sirius hid it so well?

They would never know who he could betray his own friends- his family. Aries would never forgive him.

The day of Peter's funeral arrived, Aries hadn't gotten an invitation, Deborah and Stephen must have so much on their minds they had probably forgotten to send them out.

She changed into her black robes, and put her hair into a smooth low bun. She rubbed her eyes, they burned, but she had cried so much that there was nothing left to cry.