Chapter Twenty Seven: Last Christmas

So this is christmas,
And what have you done?
Another year over,
A new one just begun

By the end of September Aries had received the Black letter, she didn't open it, she threw it in the bin as soon as the owl arrived. Sirius had done the same thing.

She started her second year, studying through the months, she had been able to get the daily prophet delivered through her bedroom window so she could keep up with what was happening in the wizarding world. There had been a few disappearances and she wanted to make sure everyone she knew was okay.

December 23rd was her last shift before she was going to stay with Andromeda for the holiday; she had invited them all round for the week to make up for lost time.

"My favourite waitress." Leo said, taking a seat at the bar, he had one of his drum sticks behind his ear.

"Just finished band practice?" she asked, walking over to the milkshake machine, she knew that all he would want was a chocolate milkshake.

"Yeah, Vik needed to practice her solo for tomorrow night, fancy coming?" He asked.

"Sorry, I'm heading back home for Christmas in the morning," she said, putting the glass down in front of him.

"Awwh, shame, we're all wearing Santa outfits, could have seen me with a full on beard." he said, stroking his bare face.

Aries chuckled. "Do you only go to dress up gigs?"

"Honestly it seems like it." he nodded.

"So you're staying here for christmas then?" Aries asked.

"Nah, after the gig we're all going to Luke's mums, that's where we usually go, she always has the nicest brussels sprouts."

"Brussel sprouts?" Aries said, wrinkling her nose.

"Listen, don't knock 'em til you try em."

"This is me knocking 'em and not trying em." she laughed, the door opened and Emerson walked in to start his shift.

Aries greeted him and grabbed her cloak from the rack, she waited a moment as Leo quickly finished his drink and followed her out.

"Awwh, you waited." he said, holding the door open for her.

"How else would I find my way home?" she said, wrapping her scarf around her neck quickly as the wind hit them.

"It is pretty far." Leo agreed. "About a three hour walk, no?"

"I walk really slow... more like five."

They both laughed and crossed the road to the flats, Leo opened the door and they walked in, the heating didn't work in the hallways, Aries could see the condensation in front of her as she breathed.

"Gotta finish packing, see you later." she said, heading up the stairs.

"Hey Aries?" Leo said.

She lent on the banister looking down at him. "Yeah?"

He hesitated slightly as he spoke. "Um... I- I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, seeing as you're leaving tonight."

Aries smiled, "Merry Christmas, Leo."

☽☆☾

A very merry Christmas
And a happy new year,
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

"Aries! Aries! Aries!" Dorcas shouted running to hug her. "Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much!"

"Ouch, Cas, squeeze any tighter and you might kill me." Aries said, hugging her back.