Chapter Fifty One- A Close Call

"Is Tonks all right?" Aries asked Andromeda, she noticed her being quiet in the meetings and it had been a few months since Sirius had died and her metamorphmagus skills weren't working as well as they used to

"She's still grieving, she was the one fighting Bellatrix before Sirius took over." Andromeda said, handing her a cup of  tea. "Poor girl blames herself."

Aries took a sip, it seemed as though everyone blamed themselves for his death.

"How're you doing?"

Aries shrugged. "That's what everyone is asking these days."

Andromeda pressed her lips into a smile. "I think that's because it's the only thing people can ask."

Just as Aries was about to nod, a wolf patronus illuminated up in front of her. She expected to hear Remus' voice but instead it was Tonks'.

"Back up needed, death eater attack-"

Aries didn't wait for her to finish her sentence, she touched the patronus and was instantly transported to a hospital but it wasn't St Mungo's.

"Aries, thank Merlin you're here." she heard Chloe's voice.

Aries took out her wand and looked around. It was a muggle hospital, the patient beds were empty.

"I think they're gone, there's a few Muggles who need some attention-" Tonks said, running into the room, she looked at Aries. "Leo's out there."

"Leo? Why is Leo-" she then realised that they were  in the hospital he worked at.

She ran past Tonks into the hall, "Leo!" she called out, worry and panic in her voice.

She saw he was helping someone with their arm, he looked up at her, a large gash above his eyebrow. "Hey, hey, I'm fine. It's just a small cut." he reassured her, he finished bandaging the patient then walked towards her.

"It's not just a small cut Leo, it's quite deep." she said, widening her eyes as he got closer. 

"I'm fine," his voice became timid. "But, he was here."

"Who?"

He hesitated. "...Peter."

Aries faltered. "Where did he go?"

Leo didn't answer but his eyes guided towards a ward, as she turned around he grabbed her arm. "Aries, don't."

She looked at him, "it's okay."

"Aries, Aries!"

Aries got Tonks' attention, "Can you look after him, he's got a cut." she told her before walking into the ward, she kept her wand out in front of her, her heart beating so heavily in her chest she could hardly think but when she looked around it was vacant.

Just as she was about to turn around the curtain covering a bed in the far back corner moved ever so slightly. She walked towards it, keeping her breath quiet. She reached her hand out then quickly pulled it back.