Chapter Sixteen: The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree

Aries awoke light presses on her face, "Pete

Aries awoke light presses on her face, "Pete." she murmured, keeping her eyes closed she wafted the hand away. She felt another tap on her nose. "Peter- oh."

She opened her eyes to a young girl no older than five who gave her a wide gappy grin. "Hello!"

"Hi." Aries said, sitting up. 

"Are you Peter's girlfriend?"

"Um, yes." she said, wondering who this small child was.

"I'm Chloe. Auntie Debby said you were really nice."

Aries smiled. "Hi, Chloe, I'm Aries."

"Chlo! I told you not to wake her." Peter said, walking into the bedroom.

"She was already awake!"

Peter put his hands on his hips. "Are you telling fibs?"

"No, I was awake." Aries said, she heard chatter from outside. "Are there people here?"

"Yeah... So my Mum got a bit carried away, and now we're having a little family brunch slash barbeque." Peter said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Little?" she asked, as she heard laughter.

"Yeah.... just the whole family, not bigger than yours though-" he paused for a moment. "Actually maybe a little bit bigger, seeing as though we didn't marry each other- I'm sorry!"

Aries chucked a pillow at him making Chloe giggle.

"That was rude!"

"Am I wrong?"

"No, but you didn't have to say that!"

"Meanie." Chloe said, also throwing a pillow at Peter, although she didn't have much strength so it flopped down onto the ground. "Even the pillow didn't want you!"

Aries laughed as Peter gaped at her. "You're teaching my cousin these things."

Aries shrugged. "Kids love me."

He shook his head then looked towards Chloe. "Alright come on, let's go downstairs and let Aries get ready."

She jumped off the bed and followed Peter out of the room as they walked down the corridor Aries heard them speaking.

"I like Aries." Chloe said.

"You do?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, she's really pretty."

"She is, isn't she."

Aries smiled to herself before walking into the bathroom to get ready. Once she had finished she peeked through the curtains into the garden and saw Peter's family gathered in the garden talking.

A wave of anxiousness passed through her stomach as she took a deep breath, she then remembered the vial Euphemia had given her.

"Just in case." she heard her voice.