Chapter Eight: Scars

"Holy shit! What the hell did they do to you!"

"Cas!" Marlene shouted.

Aries had just walked into the compartment where her friends waited.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was going to be so bad."

"Dorcas!" Benjy said, glaring at her.

"It's fine." Aries said, taking her seat.

"Sorry Air, I just wasn't expecting that." Dorcas said, eyeing the scars on her friend's face.

"What happened? I wasn't able to read the letter, my step-dad doesn't know about Hogwarts so no owls can get to my mums." Benjy said.

"My parents tried to make me become a death eater-"

"What?" Marlene butted in.

Aries nodded. "I ended up apperating to get away, that's why I've got these." she said, pointing at the splinch scars.

"You apperated?" Dorcas asked. "How's that possible?"

"I have no idea." Aries shrugged. "James' father said that because I thought about it really hard I was able to do it, but not that successfully."

"Glad you're okay though." Benjy said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, Aries noticed he smelt different, she could smell lavender and an unfamiliar cologne.

"Benjy!" she shouted, pulling away from him.

"What? What did I do?"

"Gilderoy again?"

Benjy's eyes widened as he scratched his neck. "How do you know?"

"You smell just like him- Ben remember what happened last time."

"But how am I supposed to resist his golden curly hair and pearly white smile-"

"By not screwing him-"

"I didn't screw him- okay yes yes I did but-"

"Benjy, he cheated on you."

"I know and I have forgiven him."

Aries sighed and shook her head. "He's going to hurt you again."

"He won't, he promised."

"And how many promises has he broken?"

Benjy crossed his arms and looked out the window leaving the question unanswered.

"Look Ben, I just don't want you to get hurt again."

"I can look after myself, I don't need you worrying about me." he retorted.

"Fine, but don't come to me when he does it again." Aries said, turning back on her seat and facing Dorcas and Marlene, the two looked down at their copy of Witch weekly avoiding her eyes..