Chapter Fifty Six: Cowardly Rat

The dungeon she was kept in wasn't the best, the smell was worse than the first time she went back to Grimmauld place, there was a leak in the far corner, water dripped down to the ground and the sound was a constant annoyance

The dungeon she was kept in wasn't the best, the smell was worse than the first time she went back to Grimmauld place, there was a leak in the far corner, water dripped down to the ground and the sound was a constant annoyance. She had grown uncomfortable, stuck in the same position, her arms still chained behind her.

By her head there was a little crack in the wall, she saw a large oak tree in the distance, which had started to shed its leaves meaning it was almost October, but she wasn't sure.

Peter visited Aries once a day, bringing her food at first she was reluctant but now she refused to eat anything he gave her.

"Please, Aries you haven't eaten in days."

She tried to ignore the burning hunger sensation in her stomach, turning her head away from him but she couldn't stop the loud rumble from inside.

She looked down at the bread and water, then back at Peter. Her stomach rumbled once more.

"I'd prefer it if I could use my own hands," she muttered, pulling at the shackles.

"I can't..." he looked back towards the door, he let out a light breath and pulled a key from his pocket.

She felt the release of the cuff on one of her wrists, she outstretched her arm, the bones clicking as she moved it. As Peter handed her the food the two stared at her bruised wrist for a moment. She ignored it and started to eat but Peter wouldn't look away.

"Would you stop doing that?" she asked, tirelessly.

He quickly turned away. "Sorry," he mumbled.

Aries let out a dry laugh. "Sorry for what? Keeping me trapped here or killing everyone I loved?"

Peter tensed, his head did a little shake as he spoke. "I apologised-"

"Before or after you took my memories?"

He hesitated slightly. "You didn't understand-"

"No, what I don't understand is how you knew, you knew my family and what they were, and you knew how much I fought to be different from them. Yet you still... you still did it." she sniffed, her eyes stinging.

"I didn't have a choice, it wasn't my fault-"

Aries scoffed. "So it wasn't your fault when you killed Benjy?-"

"Aries-"

"It wasn't your fault when you framed Sirius? It wasn't your fault when you killed those twelve people? It wasn't your fault when you... when you faked your own death?" her voice began to break.

"You let me mourn you. I was alone for years, thinking that Sirius had killed you. Thinking that my brother was just like my family, how could I be so stupid to think that he could change, he could be different from them."

Peter put his head down. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Did you say sorry to Harry when you let his parents die?"

"I-"

She shook her head. "You didn't mean to, of course-"

"It was the only way to protect you, they had you surrounded, they were going to kill you, it was the only way to save you."

"You didn't have to kill everyone! You should have told me, as soon as it happened, Peter. I would have helped you. I would have done anything for you." she wiped at the tears falling down her face. "You know the worst part of it all? After everything that you've done, everyone that you've hurt... a part of me still... a part of me still loves you and I hate it."

Peter swallowed hard. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Don't say anything. Your words mean nothing to me anyway." she kicked away the plate. "Better chain me up again before your new friends know what you did, shouldn't you, Wormtail."

"If you just tell them what you know, they'll let you go."

"I'd rather die than be a traitor."

He looked at her with pained eyes but she didn't care, no amount of apologies would ever be enough.

☽☆☾

Bellatrix and Rodolphus would pay her a visit almost everyday, although their intentions were not as nice as Peter's.

The Cruciatus curse seemed to get worse and worse each day, but she refused to tell them anything, the longest had only ever been a twenty minute interrogation but now they seem to be desperate, lasting over an hour.

"I don't know anything, how many times do I have to tell you!"

"We'll stop when you tell us something useful!" Bellatrix shouted.

"I don't know anything! No one told me anything!"

"You're lying!"

"I'm not lying-"

"CRUCIO!"

She screamed. Her body strained as the curse carried on.

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

"Bella, that's enough." Rodolphus said, pulling Bellatrix's arm but the curse didn't stop. "Bella-"

"She knows something, she has to."

"Maybe she doesn't-"

Bellatrix shook her head. "Or maybe she does and she's not telling us." she knelt down, eye level to Aries, grabbing her face digging her nails into her cheeks. "What do you know!?"

Aries shook her head.

"I will find out what you know!" Bellatrix taunted.

She let out a pained laugh. "I don't know anything, you're just angry that you fucked up. You got the wrong person. I don't know shit-"

"CRUC-"

Aries flinched but Rodolphus stopped Bellatrix.

"That's enough for today, we don't want another Longbottom incident." he said, quickly.

Bellatrix sneered. "We will find a way to make you talk."

They left, leaving her pulling herself up against the wall. She breathed heavily the burning sensation still travelling through her body. Through the grates of the door she saw icy blue eyes watch her then turn away when she noticed.

She bit her lip holding back tears as she looked out of a crack in the wall, noticing white snow covering the large oak tree.

She had no idea how long she'd been trapped there, she had no idea what had happened to everyone else, they probably thought she was dead. She had to find a way out.

______________________

Hi!

just a short mid-week chapter xx