Chapter Seventeen: Remember, Remember The Fifth Of November

The school term started again and Aries started her final year at Hogwarts, she found it weird to be back at Hogwarts without the group of Gryffindor's situated on the far table in the great hall

In fairness Aries was kind of glad that they weren't holding as many parties as they did, only for the amount of work she had to do, Professor Sprout had contacted Universities for Aries and gotten all the exam prep, she didn't realise how much she would have to study. Sometimes she would think if it was even worth it but she continued anyway.

Despite the fact she was glad the Gryffindor's weren't there, there was one that she did miss. She and Peter had been sending letters almost everyday, sometimes they were filled with extensive details and sometimes they could be one word, but the owls dropping off those letters were her favourite time of the day.

Aries wasn't the only one missing her other Gryffindor half, Dorcas was very upset Marlene wasn't there.

"I miss her." She recited each morning. "I miss her hair. I miss her eyes. I miss her nose. I miss her lips, ugh her lips are so soft-"

Benjy rolled his eyes.

"-I miss her smile. I miss her laugh. I miss her-"

"Oh my gosh, Cas. You went on a date with her last night, how do you miss her already?" Benjy asked in disbelief.

"You're just jealous because you're not dating anyone." Dorcas retorted.

"I could date anyone- oh God, not you." he cringed as Lockheart walked past. "I could date anyone."

"Sure Ben." Aries laughed,the window above the hall opened and the owls flew in for their daily service, she waited for the tawny owl that usually arrived but it didn't. Instead a black owl landed in front of her holding a matt black envelope with silver foiling. "Oh." she muttered, she looked towards the Slytherin table, Regulus had an identical letter.

"What is it?" Dorcas asked, peering at the letter.

She had received a few of these letters in her life, it was a letter to tell the family that there had been a passing, the first one she got was about her Grandmother.

"My grandfather, Pollux, died last night." she said, reading it through.

"Your parents sent you a letter?"

Aries shook her head. "No, it's more of a blood spell sort of thing, they've had it for years now. Even if you've been disowned you'll still get one, Sirius has probably got it as well."

"Sorry." Benjy consoled.

"It's fine, he wasn't that nice anyway." Aries said, tucking the letter into her pocket. She remembered how he scolded her when she asked why she couldn't play outside with the other children.

"Purebloods should not be associated with filth."

She rolled her eyes and packed away her books.