Chapter Thirty Four: 1st November 1981

It started a normal day

Aries woke up, did a little stretch and gave a loud yawn. She looked beside her Peter had already gone, a small note was scribbled on her bedside table.

Gone to get some breakfast,
Be back soon x

She walked into the bathroom not noticing the flurry of owls flying past the window and she brushed her teeth. Her headache wasn't as bad as it was last night, but her ears were still ringing.

She headed towards the kitchen and boiled the kettle adding a tea bag to her cup, the front door opened and Angelika walked in from her night out.

"Gosh, everyone's doing the walk of shame out there, do they realise Halloween was yesterday."

"You what?" Aries asked, as she poured in the hot water, she grabbed another cup for Angelika.

"Walk of shame- you know what that is right?"

"What? I go to a magic school and suddenly I don't know." Aries shook her head smiling. "The amount of times Benjy used to have to do it coming back to the Hufflepuff dorms."

Angelika stared at her. "You know sometimes I think I understand all about your witchy life and then you have to go and say something like that. What the hell is a Hufflepuff?"

"It was my house, anyway talking about the walk of shame is that not what you're doing right now?" Aries asked, gesturing to her Scarlet Witch costume.

"I felt no shame this morning, because I ended up staying at Vik's. Simon on the other hand is definitely doing the walk. He left me at midnight to go home with some random guy. If he's not back by tonight we're doing a search party-"

"Does anyone know a Barry Otter?" Simon called out walking into the house.

"Speak of the devil." Angelika shook her head.

"Barry Otter? Is he in a band?" Aries asked.

Simon shook his head, stealing Angelika's tea. "Nah, bunch of people wearing gowns and shit talking about Barry Otters... or maybe it was Carry Hotter? I don't know."

"You saw them too, it's weird." Angelika said. "Also who did you go home with?"

"Oh one of my classmates, Kieron, it was awkward this morning because his mum walked in and I was sneaking out the window. We had like this moment where we just stared at each other... and then I left."

"You jumped out the window?"

"Nah, nah, he lives on the ground floor, also picked up some pain au chocolates from the bakery down the road, I know I am your knight in shining armour."

"Yeah, I'm going to pass, I need a shower." Angelika said, walking towards the bathroom.

"Aries?" he asked, wafting the paper bag in front of her.

"Nah, Pete said he's bringing back breakfast." Aries replied, looking at the clock, she had no idea what time he had left but it was well past midday, maybe he was bringing lunch instead.

"Good, I really didn't want to share." Simon said, taking a bite. "Oh also was everything alright last night?"

"Yeah, fine. Why'd you ask."

"I passed Mrs Springet on the way up here, successfully avoided taking her ginger snaps she had made months ago. She said she heard shouting up here last night."

Aries furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't remember shouting at all. We did watch a film."

"Poor woman probably thought the tv was you," he said.

Angelika walked out the bathroom she had put on any old jumper and leggings. "No hot water left." she rolled her eyes, turning on the boiler.

"Sorry." Aries said. "Think I used the last of it last night."

"Ooh, you're in trouble." Simon grinned, he turned up the radio.

"An unexplained gas leak caused an explosion on Carnaby Street, early this morning. Emergency services are currently at the scene, reports of thirteen fatalities and many injured. More to come soon."

Angelika's head turned quickly. "Carnaby street?"

"That's what it said, really close to us-"

"Vik is supposed to have an interview there- she left before I woke up-"

"Shit you don't think-" Simon asked worriedly.

"I-I don't know." Angelika said, she ran to her phone and dialed a number. "Pick up... Pick up- Vik? Viktoria- fucking answer machine."

Simon grabbed his keys from the side. "It's not too far we can go."

The three ran out of the flat, just as they were about to go downstairs Remus ran towards them.

"Oh my god, you're okay. He didn't get you." he gripped her into a hug.

"What? What are you on about?" She looked at Simon and Angelika. "Go, I'll meet you there."

She pulled away from Remus.

"What's happened?"

He shook his head. "You don't know?"

"What's happened?" she repeated, her stomach churned.

"James and Lily. They're dead."

Aries widened her eyes, shaking her head. "No... but Harry-"

"He's safe, he's gone to live with his aunt and uncle."

"Aunt and uncle? But Sirius is his godfather."

Remus didn't say anything.

"Remus where is Sirius, is he okay-"

"He was the secret keeper, Aries. He knew where James and Lily were the entire time, and he told Voldemort."

Aries let out a sarcastic laugh. "No. Sirius wouldn't do that, he wouldn't- we- we know him. He's my brother he wouldn't do this... He wouldn't betray them. You're lying."

"Aries, I wouldn't lie about this. But that's not everything."

She let out a shaky breath and wiped the tears stinging her eyes.

"Peter went after him, lead the ministry straight to him, he tried to get an explanation-"

"Well where is he? Where is Peter." she looked at Remus. "Remus. Remus, where is he?"

"Aries, Sirius killed him."

The words faded out after he said them. Aries dropped down to her knees, shaking her head. Remus knelt down in front of her he was talking to her but she couldn't hear him, his words mushed together all she could hear was ringing.

Sirius killed Peter.

Her brother fooled them all, he fooled her into thinking he wasn't corrupted by their family, he of all people hated them but he was just like them.

He had taken everyone in just one night.

She had lost Peter.

He took him away from her.

_________________

Chapter 34!!!!

Please comment and vote 🌟

♈️