Chapter Fifty Two: The Fall Of Albus Dumbledore

"Something's happened at Hogwarts

"Something's happened at Hogwarts."

Aries didn't know who said it or what had happened but when they did her heart dropped. Moments later she was back in the corridors of Hogwarts. She heard giant crashes from the Great hall, the other aurors ran towards the sound.

She followed behind Chloe and Bill.

"Every one split up and cover more ground." Chloe directed.

Aries diverted from the group heading down the corridor.

"Mum?" she heard a voice.

"Daisy?" Aries said, behind one of the pillars Daisy and one of her friends which Aries recognised as Dennis Creevey.

"Mum, what's happening?" Daisy asked, worriedly. "Dennis hurt his arm so we were going to the hospital wing and we heard shouting."

"I don't know yet. Come on, let's get out of here." Aries told them, they followed her. She checked behind every corner before continuing on. There was a loud crash causing her to stop abruptly but Daisy hadn't realised and kept on walking onto the next corridor. Aries grabbed her arm pulling her back quickly they watched as a green spell sped past them.

Aries opened a broom cupboard door close by to them. "Stay in here." she told the two.

"Where are you going?" Daisy asked.

"Just stay here, do not move unless I tell you." she said, her voice panicked.

She closed the door, hearing footsteps get closer. She held her wand out, breathing slowly. As the person stepped in they cackled loudly.

Aries knew that cackle.

"Well if it isn't my dearest cousin."

"Bellatrix." Aries breathed out.

The last time she had seen her cousin was the day she left home, she remembered her showing off the dark mark tattoo with pride.

"Aries." she grinned darkly. "Been years, hasn't it?"

Aries swallowed hard, she breathed shakily trying not to show any fear, but she knew Bellatrix could smell it from a mile away.

"How's Sirius?"

"Why don't you tell me, you saw him last." Aries spoke.

Bellatrix curled her lips into a smug smile. "Ah, yes. I did see him last. I'm very forgetful these days, but I do remember the look on his face. I watched as the light faded from his eyes-"

Before she had finished taunting Aries threw her first spell which Bellatrix narrowly missed.

She cackled loudly. "Oh little cousin, you have no idea what you've just done."

Aries quickly blocked the spell hurtling towards her, ducking from the other ones. She moved backwards as Bellatrix walked towards her without a struggle, she sent a disarming spell towards but she blocked it paired with a nasty snarl.

"You're good, but not good enough."

"I don't want to fight you Bella."

Bellatrix gave a mocking pout, her grey eyes wide. "You don't want to fight me? Are you going to give me the family speech, Aries?"

"Bellatrix-" Aries started but Bellatrix threw a disarming charm towards her making her wand fling out of her hand.

"This is going to be fun. CRUCIO!"

Aries fell to the ground letting out a blood curdling scream, the pain was worse than she remembered. Her entire body was on fire and she gasped for breath as she writhed in pain.

"MUM!"

The curse stopped, through her watery eyes Aries saw Daisy stood by her side holding her wand towards Bellatrix. "Daisy-" she gasped. "Daisy get back!"

Bellatrix cackled loudly. "This is the mudblood you call your daughter?"

"Stop hurting my mum." she said fiercely, although her eyes were wide with terror.

Aries tried her best to get up as Bellatrix stepped past her towards Daisy who stumbled backwards.

"Don't touch her! If you hurt her I'll kill you!" Aries shouted.

"You'd kill me to protect this filthy mudblood?" Bellatrix snarled, not taking her eyes off Daisy.

Aries managed to get herself back up running towards Bellatrix, only to be pushed back by another spell, vines twirled around her arms and legs tightly as she was lifted above the ground. "No! No!" She struggled to get out of the ropes.

"I'm going to make you watch as I kill her and then... then I'm going to kill you."

"Stop! Stop! You don't need to hurt her!" Aries screamed, she saw Daisy fall backwards dropping her wand, wincing as Bellatrix rose her own. "Bellatrix! Please!"

"AVADA-"

"Petrificus totalus!"

Aries was released from the bounds dropping to the floor, Bellatrix fell backwards frozen in her place. Dennis pulled out from behind the door, his wand shaking  in his hand.

Aries didn't have time to think, she grabbed her and Daisy's wands and then the two children's arms.

None of them spoke until they made it to the hospital wing, the Weasley family were crowded in front of one of the beds, Remus and Tonks were in a sort of disagreement but Aries didn't pay attention. Once Madam Pomfrey had taken Dennis to check over his arm, Aries turned towards Daisy grabbing her by her shoulders.

"Don't you ever do that again!" her voice raised with anger. "When I tell you to stay somewhere you stay there! Do you understand? You could have been killed! You are lucky that Dennis was there! If he wasn't you would have died!"

Daisy's eyes had teared up, she spoke in a small voice as she apologised. "I'm sorry, mum."

Aries let out a sigh, pulling Daisy into a hug and kissing her head tightly. "It was a reckless thing to do, Dais, you shouldn't have moved from where you were."

Daisy looked up at her. "I know, but she was hurting you and I wanted to help."

"You're not big enough to help." Aries said, softly. "I need you to be safe, and if you're doing that you aren't."

"I won't do it again, I promise."

"Hopefully there won't be a next time, okay?" she stroked her head tenderly.

"I really am sorry, mum."

"I know, my darling."

The doors to the Wing opened and Moody walked in followed by Chloe. "They're gone, the death eaters."

"Did you find Bellatrix?" Aries asked.

He shook his head in response. "Maxwells and I have finished searching the school. She must have left with the others."

"Are you okay?" she heard Remus asked.

She nodded, ignoring the searing pain. "Yeah, fine-"

"Aries, you're really pale." he said, his voice full of concern.

"I'm fine, Remus, just got caught up in a spell." she said, he looked as though he was going to ask another question but she got in first. "Why on earth were death eaters roaming about the school?" 

Remus' face dropped. "You don't know?"

She shook her head.

"Dumbledore's dead."

___________________

Oooh the wars about to happen.

What are your guys predictions for what's gonna happen, I'm intrigued

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed 🌟