Chapter Fifty Nine: Loss

Aries' stomach burned, she hadn't eaten in days

Aries' stomach burned, she hadn't eaten in days. She still hadn't seen Peter since the day he said he'd help her escape, she had no idea how long it had even been.

Everything hurt. She found it hard to get herself comfortable. The shard that she had kept had been digging into her back for the past couple of hours.

She'd pulled and pulled to get out of the restraints but it wasn't doing anything other than hurting her wrists which were already covered in deep, dark bruises.

Every so often Rabastan would visit with food and water but he would leave it just out of her reach.

"Where's Pettigrew?" she asked through gritted teeth.

He smirked. "I said you'd find out soon."

"What have you done to him?"

Rabastan knelt down in front of her, he mocked her. "What have you done to him? We did nothing to him, everything he's done is his decision, with a little nudge of course." he lifted his hand, stroking her cheek.

She turned away but he pulled her head towards him. "It's a shame you're a blood traitor." he said, brushing her hair out of her face. "You really are pretty-"

She spat in his face which pissed him off, a sharp sting fell on her face as he slapped her, grabbing her jaw tightly. "You little bitch."

Aries tried to move her head away but he kept a strong grip, his fingernails scratching her skin. Above them they heard several footsteps. Rabastan grinned, squeezing her jaw before letting go.

"Seems like they're back." he stood up. "Took a little longer than I expected, seeing as they... let me not ruin the surprise."

Aries watched as he left, her jaw was killing her, she tried to pull against the chains but nothing.

She sat in silence. Only the echoing sound of the footsteps above could be heard.

After a long while the door opened again, Peter walked in. His head down at the ground.

"Where have you been? You've been gone days-" she stopped herself as she saw Bellatrix walk behind him.

"We went on a little excursion, didn't we, Wormtail?" she taunted.

Aries furrowed her brows, trying to see Peter's face but she couldn't.

"Go on then, tell her what you did." Bellatrix patted his back.

He didn't say anything.

"Pathetic," she muttered, throwing something in front of Aries. She couldn't tell what it was, some sort of brown mess... with arms and legs... a teddy bear, her mouth ran dry as she realised it was Daisy's.

"Where did you get that?" her heart pounded. "Where did you find it!"

Bellatrix cackled. "Let's just say, I went to visit my in-laws."