Chapter Forty Eight: The Mass Breakout

A 'BLACK' MASS BREAKOUT

The early hours of the 14th January 1996, ten prisoners escaped Azkaban prison. At this moment it is clear that Bellatrix Lestrange, Rodolphus Lestrange, Rabastan Lestrange and Antonin Dolohov are among those who have fled. The ministry is high on alert for the deserters.

Although it is unknown to the Ministry on  how the death eater's were able to break out it is clear that they weren't able to do so alone.

Sirius Black escaped during 1993 and is rallying up old teammates. Much hasn't been found on Black since he slipped through the dementors fingers.

Black's sister, Aries Black, (also cousin to the escapee Bellatrix Lestrange) has been spotted around the ministry.

Most recently she has been seen dropping off her muggleborn daughter with her muggle husband at Platform 9¾, there are assumptions that she is aware of Black's whereabouts, but judging by what happened to her ex-boyfriend it is safe to believe she knows nothing of it.

Subscribe for more updates,

Witch Weekly, Bianca Simons

"Finally!" Sirius jumped from his seat, holding up a copy of the Witch Weekly.

"What is it? Have they written that You-Know-Who's back?" Aries asked.

"Nah, they're still being idiots, but you were mentioned in an article for once. I've been waiting ages for you to be mentioned, more in the daily prophet but this'll do, I guess."

"Oh." Aries replied, dully as he handed her the newspaper, she read the article. "I mean they're not wrong about me knowing where you are, I guess. Also is this supposed to be the next Rita Skeeter?"

"Bella is crazy, she got worse in Azkaban, I would not like to be on the other side of her wand in a duel." Sirius said, reading the paper over Aries' shoulder.

Bellatrix, when she was younger, was Aries' favourite cousin, just before Andromeda. But when she left Hogwarts she instantly became a member of You-Know-Who's inner circle and changed completely.

Sirius settled back down in his seat as Moody walked in handing a ministry letter to Aries. "You've been summoned for questioning about the break out." he said.

She stared down at the letter. "I thought they didn't suspect me."

Moody shrugged, "The ministry is trying to crack down on everyone that could be involved. My advice, don't drink anything they give you."

Sirius furrowed his brows. "They're giving people veritaserum? That's illegal is it not?"

Moody nodded. "There's been a few reports on it. You'll be fine, just don't drink anything."